X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackLilhammers
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

And no one can fix that. Xwayland is like X, fixed in terms of scaling. Lets say we deal with 200% scaling. So you either render the window half the resolution and scale it up, things have the right size but are blurry, or you render it at native resolution, then things are not blurry but tiny.
    IIRC it's the same on Windows, am I wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Alexmitter
    replied
    Originally posted by markc View Post
    Plasma under Wayland is mostly okay now. The Wayland showstopper for me is that anything running in Xwayland has blurry fonts on a HiDPI display which renders (literally) the whole concept of using a Wayland session completely unusable.
    And no one can fix that. Xwayland is like X, fixed in terms of scaling. Lets say we deal with 200% scaling. So you either render the window half the resolution and scale it up, things have the right size but are blurry, or you render it at native resolution, then things are not blurry but tiny.

Leave a comment:

• nist
    replied
    Under Xorg I changed Kwin with Openbox for betting performace (yes, Kwin is a mess for me) in the past, but under Wayland this is not possible because Kwin is mandatory.

Leave a comment:

• slalomsk8er
    replied
    Originally posted by rmfx View Post
    Great improvements !

I wish now the KDE Applikations are Krenamed Korreckly instead of stupid heterogenous names. (ex to follow : gnome & deepin)
    Yes, names of apps need to be distinct! When gnome switched to generic names, I had a hard time searching the web for help, bugs and other people with the same problem.
    If I remember correctly, not much later I had enough of gnome and gave KDE Plasma a other try to see if it got it's stability problems under control and they did.

Leave a comment:

• Raploz
    replied
    I'm impressed by the amount of work done between 5.20 and this version.

Leave a comment:

• kvuj
    replied
    Originally posted by Aryma View Post

thanks for remembering me I win the bet both project is dead and waste of resources and money and no one use them
    I want whatever you're smoking. Not only is it still active, but most (all) of the kde apps for plasma mobile are using it on the pinephone.

A project doesn't have to achieve world domination to be useful to the Linux community.

Leave a comment:

• markc
    replied
    Plasma under Wayland is mostly okay now. The Wayland showstopper for me is that anything running in Xwayland has blurry fonts on a HiDPI display which renders (literally) the whole concept of using a Wayland session completely unusable.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Looking forward to the Plasma System Monitor. Ksysguard is nice, I can build new tabs with it to monitor new things besides the default, but I feel it is a bit behind the times. I hope this new one allows the same kind of customization and more.

As for Wayland, lets hope this wave of adoption also comes to major apps, like browsers, office suites and multimedia stuff. Right now some of them are not behaving nice under Wayland.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by Aryma View Post

thanks for remembering me I win the bet both project is dead and waste of resources and money and no one use them
    Templated convergent controls and multi-platform utilities for Maui applications

Looks pretty much alive to me.

Leave a comment:

• kon14
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    What is the current situation with something like OBS screen capturing over Pipewire under Wayland?
    I don't believe there's upstream support for it yet, but there's been a plugin enabling support for it for a while now.
    It's even distributed by default with Flathub's OBS Flatpak.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X