Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.21 Now In Beta With Much Improved Wayland Support

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.21 Now In Beta With Much Improved Wayland Support

KDE Plasma 5.21 is now in beta as what will be the first major KDE desktop update of the new year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking forward to adaptive sync support in KWin or KWinFT and then I'm switching to the Wayland session.

As a next step after that - please implement Vulkan compositing!

Comment

What is the current situation with something like OBS screen capturing over Pipewire under Wayland?

Comment

What about their launching directly from systemd without sddm?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          What about their launching directly from systemd without sddm?
          Also interested.
          Sick of SDDM and shutdown errors/delays

Comment

Originally posted by HighValueWarrior View Post

Also interested.
            Sick of SDDM and shutdown errors/delays
            Glad to hear I am not the only one who has to force shutdown his PC every time Actually, when I shutdown I don't do it daily so my packages usually get upgraded in the meantime. My guess is that package upgrades cause the shutdown issues ...

Comment

Great improvements !

I wish now the KDE Applikations are Krenamed Korreckly instead of stupid heterogenous names. (ex to follow : gnome & deepin)

Comment

so they decided to rewrite shittty kwin and some KDE code and try to level up to gnome Wayland support YET?

Comment

Aryma coming here to tempt, like in https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...06#post1180606

Comment

Running the beta now and things look a lot smoother. Very nice! Yet to find out if the wayland session is more stable.

Comment

Working...
                    X