X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by numacross View Post

The government of course destroyed all the data gathered or is there a copy for "future uses"?
    It's not exactly clear what they've done with it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they kept "a copy for future uses".

Leave a comment:

• numacross
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

It's not always lawful. For example, here in the Netherlands, the federal military used spying to create detailed profiles of every citizen in the past few years and the government has now stopped them because they weren't allowed to do that. So even (semi-)governments can spy on you without it being lawful at all.
    The government of course destroyed all the data gathered or is there a copy for "future uses"?

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied

By your definition there are currently no good governments on the entire planet
    And sadly, you're not mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

I'm not so sure I agree with the previous poster's arguments, but I do agree that there aren't really any good governments on this planet currently.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

There's a difference between somewhat lawful spying by government agencies and being datamined for profit by a private corporation.
    It's not always lawful. For example, here in the Netherlands, the federal military used spying to create detailed profiles of every citizen in the past few years and the government has now stopped them because they weren't allowed to do that. So even (semi-)governments can spy on you without it being lawful at all.

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Originally posted by kvuj View Post
    I wonder if the removal of Flash will make chromium a bit slimmer and if so by how much.
    In all likelihood the impact will be almost nothing on Chromium itself. PPAPI flash was only ever really loaded when you needed it and it wasn't really that heavy, nor was the code to host it all that much.

Leave a comment:

• numacross
    replied
    Originally posted by Volta View Post

Governments are being ruled by third party corporations and private media. What's worse dumb people think it's ok when youtube or some other trash creates false reality. Government has no right to spy someone innocent unless it's nazi or communist governemnt (even if it claims it's democratic one).

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68
    replied
    Great ! Flash is dead.
    I am happy with my Chrome, it works really well and better than other browsers.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied

There's a difference between somewhat lawful spying by government agencies and being datamined for profit by a private corporation.
    Governments are being ruled by third party corporations and private media. What's worse dumb people think it's ok when youtube or some other trash creates false reality. Government has no right to spy someone innocent unless it's nazi or communist governemnt (even if it claims it's democratic one).
    Last edited by Volta; 20 January 2021, 06:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Oh, you are upset about that? So I sincerely hope you also abstain to:

- Use a smartphone;
    - Use a third party e-mail provider;
    - Use any online service, free or paid;

Among another things.

Even Firefox come with "telemetry"on by default. So I hope you do your part to remain anonymous, otherwise "Spying Chrome" is just childish bellyaching.
    No need. I disable the location service on my smartphone,and live in Europe where collecting personal data is illegal, and Firefox asks you, you can decline. Not even sure what the default is in firefox, but it did ask.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X