Chrome 88 Released With Security Fixes, Adobe Flash Removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great ! Flash is dead.
    I am happy with my Chrome, it works really well and better than other browsers.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Governments are being ruled by third party corporations and private media. What's worse dumb people think it's ok when youtube or some other trash creates false reality. Government has no right to spy someone innocent unless it's nazi or communist governemnt (even if it claims it's democratic one).
      By your definition there are currently no good governments on the entire planet

Comment

Originally posted by kvuj View Post
        I wonder if the removal of Flash will make chromium a bit slimmer and if so by how much.
        In all likelihood the impact will be almost nothing on Chromium itself. PPAPI flash was only ever really loaded when you needed it and it wasn't really that heavy, nor was the code to host it all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

There's a difference between somewhat lawful spying by government agencies and being datamined for profit by a private corporation.
          It's not always lawful. For example, here in the Netherlands, the federal military used spying to create detailed profiles of every citizen in the past few years and the government has now stopped them because they weren't allowed to do that. So even (semi-)governments can spy on you without it being lawful at all.

Comment

I'm not so sure I agree with the previous poster's arguments, but I do agree that there aren't really any good governments on this planet currently.

Comment

And sadly, you're not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

It's not always lawful. For example, here in the Netherlands, the federal military used spying to create detailed profiles of every citizen in the past few years and the government has now stopped them because they weren't allowed to do that. So even (semi-)governments can spy on you without it being lawful at all.
                The government of course destroyed all the data gathered or is there a copy for "future uses"?

Comment

The government of course destroyed all the data gathered or is there a copy for "future uses"?
                  It's not exactly clear what they've done with it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they kept "a copy for future uses".

Comment

Working...
                  X