GNOME 40 Will Now Handle XWayland On-Demand By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omer666 View Post
    Trolls always seem to get this wrong. Just because some people actually like using modern paradigms doesn't mean they are fanboys. That's called tastes.
    Your comment had nothing to do with modern paradigms or personal taste. Nor mine.
    Your point was that Red Hat makes Gnome, therefore Red Hat cares about the desktop.
    IMO you were also implying they care in the same way as Apple and Microsoft do, which is clearly not the case and it's something only a fanboy could say.
    If that was not your stance, than sorry for the misunderstanding

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
      Your comment had nothing to do with modern paradigms or personal taste. Nor mine.
      Your point was that Red Hat makes Gnome, therefore Red Hat cares about the desktop.
      IMO you were also implying they care in the same way as Apple and Microsoft do, which is clearly not the case and it's something only a fanboy could say.
      If that was not your stance, than sorry for the misunderstanding
      There is a side to this to remember as well. For a lot of Redhat market selling a Linux desktop solution has not be major possibility due to the X11 issues like no correct way to implement a lock screen.

Redhat has been one of the major parties pushing for Wayland against Nvidia resistance.
      Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Its really to simple to forgot that some of the reason for Redhat appearance of lack of interest in the desktop is how crap X11 is and how hard its been to get something not X11 that secure and works has been.

Once a secure Linux Desktop can be made that Redhat can sell the investment level in desktop work by Redhat could increase quite a bit.

We don't need a lot of people saying X11 works for me. The hard reality is Linux Desktop using X11 cannot tick the boxes lots of major companies and governments want ticked to allow something as a desktop OS. The day this changes properly things will get really interesting.

Comment

oiaohm while I hope that you're right, I sincerely doubt that a full featured Wayland desktop will change things outside of the Linux world

Comment

Working...
        X