Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine Developers Are Working On A New Linux Kernel Sync API To Succeed ESYNC/FSYNC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Developers Are Working On A New Linux Kernel Sync API To Succeed ESYNC/FSYNC

Phoronix: Wine Developers Are Working On A New Linux Kernel Sync API To Succeed ESYNC/FSYNC

While there is the prior "ESYNC" and "FSYNC" work pursued by Wine for the Linux kernel, it appears Wine developers are back to the drawing board in coming up with a Linux kernel implementation for Wine synchronization primitives that will address all their needs and match the Windows behavior well...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

will futex2 be needed? If I remember correctly futex2 was proposed to enhance future wine requirements (among other improvements)

Comment

If E and F are no good I suppose they could go with GSYNC

Wait: I got it. A name that's both a joke and works:

WiNSYNC

Comment

as long as they trying to make wine work for mak/phone and didn't priority Linux as first-class don't hope to see many improvement
        and let not talk about C89 and wine Wayland or wine Vulkan

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
          as long as they trying to make wine work for mak/phone and didn't priority Linux as first-class don't hope to see many improvement
          Codeweavers rely on Mac sales for a substantial part of their income. It is not odd, therefore, that they also work on retaining and expanding Mac compatibility.

Comment

Yeah, how does this related to futex2? Are we starting over again here? Irs already been what, a year and a half discussing that? This seems like vaper

Comment

Originally posted by clintar View Post
              Yeah, how does this related to futex2? Are we starting over again here? Irs already been what, a year and a half discussing that? This seems like vaper
              Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Cool, seems like it may be useful to me as well, as a non-game user.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  If E and F are no good I suppose they could go with GSYNC

Wait: I got it. A name that's both a joke and works:

WiNSYNC
                  You listen to too many boy bands...
                  GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by clintar View Post
                    futex2 is the "fsync" that they mention in the mail. This is a third attempt to solve the same problem yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X