Here is a list of compositors that are able to do that:
    Gamescope

Comment

Is the wishlist for 7.0 open yet?
      1. Native Wayland support
      2. Usage of casefolding on supported and enabled filesystems
      3. Direct Pipewire in- and output

Comment

Why it takes almost 1GB of disk space to install WINE? I am very hesitating to install WINE, this is the main reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ping-wu View Post
          Why it takes almost 1GB of disk space to install WINE? I am very hesitating to install WINE, this is the main reason.
          Because it's re-implementing a large portion of Windows. Even without the unnecessary Microsoft bloat, it's still a lot of code, libraries, etc. Honestly 1GB of disk space is nothing nowadays compared to some modern triple-A games that can take 100-200GBs of space per game.

Comment

wined3d works? or is just pre-alfa stage?

Comment

- An initial USB kernel driver is implemented, based on the LibUSB
              library, to provide access to USB devices.

Didn't they, a while back, announce some intention to implement direct access to usb devices? This could be so useful for very many things otherwise unsupported on linux.

Comment

Originally posted by xzhao View Post
                I really need the feature of running legacy Win32 games on HiDPI screen. Currently they are just too small because Wine can't scale the window properly. Scaling fonts in winecfg doesn't work for games, and using VNC or xpra to workaround is a pain in the ass.
                This. And the ability to drag-and-drop from a Win app to X11 or even to Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
                  wined3d works? or is just pre-alfa stage?
                  Is and will be always pre-alpha, just use DXVK/D3DVK if you value your sanity

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Here is a list of compositors that are able to do that:
                    Doesn't gamescope work for that?

Comment

Originally posted by xzhao View Post
                      I really need the feature of running legacy Win32 games on HiDPI screen. Currently they are just too small because Wine can't scale the window properly. Scaling fonts in winecfg doesn't work for games, and using VNC or xpra to workaround is a pain in the ass.
                      winecfg dpi scaling has worked most times for me but being in-game I guess that presents a problem. IS this a problem under windows OS? seems like it would be.

Comment

Working...
                      X