Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loganj
    replied
    wined3d works? or is just pre-alfa stage?

Leave a comment:

• QwertyChouskie
    replied
    Originally posted by ping-wu View Post
    Why it takes almost 1GB of disk space to install WINE? I am very hesitating to install WINE, this is the main reason.
    Because it's re-implementing a large portion of Windows. Even without the unnecessary Microsoft bloat, it's still a lot of code, libraries, etc. Honestly 1GB of disk space is nothing nowadays compared to some modern triple-A games that can take 100-200GBs of space per game.

Leave a comment:

• ping-wu
    replied
    Why it takes almost 1GB of disk space to install WINE? I am very hesitating to install WINE, this is the main reason.

Leave a comment:

• lumks
    replied
    Is the wishlist for 7.0 open yet?
    1. Native Wayland support
    2. Usage of casefolding on supported and enabled filesystems
    3. Direct Pipewire in- and output

Leave a comment:

• verude
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Here is a list of compositors that are able to do that:
    Gamescope

Leave a comment:

• xzhao
    replied
    Originally posted by Calinou View Post

The best workaround I can think of for now is to decrease your screen resolution while playing old games.

Someone could write a tool that does this automatically depending on the currently focused window or active process.
    I am thinking how hard it would be to add this feature in wine. Shouldn't be hard if only shoot for X11...

Leave a comment:

• Calinou
    replied
    Originally posted by xzhao View Post
    I really need the feature of running legacy Win32 games on HiDPI screen. Currently they are just too small because Wine can't scale the window properly. Scaling fonts in winecfg doesn't work for games, and using VNC or xpra to workaround is a pain in the ass.
    The best workaround I can think of for now is to decrease your screen resolution while playing old games.

Someone could write a tool that does this automatically depending on the currently focused window or active process.

Leave a comment:

• paradroid
    replied
    compiz could do that + you could deactivate zoom follows mouse courser, always played D2 that way back in the days

Leave a comment:

• Aryma
    replied
    so madvr is support now ?

Leave a comment:

• xzhao
    replied
    Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    Just use a WM that can do scaling or zoom.
    Sorry but can KWin do that? I set scaling factor to be 200% in KDE systemsettings but it doesn't scale wine program (other programs are all good)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X