Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleid View Post

Yes, same is true for most browsers.
    Last time I said that, people almost grabbed their pitchforks 'cause I wasn't allowed to compare GNOME to web browsers when it comes to extensions...

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Last time I said that, people almost grabbed their pitchforks 'cause I wasn't allowed to compare GNOME to web browsers when it comes to extensions...
      Being compared to browsers isn't the worst thing. They represent marvelous technology.

Comment

Originally posted by llort_lemmort View Post
        They should just port the whole shell to GTK4 instead of using Clutter and St. Why maintain two separate OpenGL based GUI toolkits, two separate CSS implementations, etc.?
        Because Clutter provides a framework optimized for fluid animations whereas GTK doesn't. This might change with GTK 5 as AFAIK some of the relevant work is postponed until that.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
          Yes, same is true for most browsers.
          As the logic fits, it cannot be contrasted to the same level. Gnome extensions is used to enhance the feature of a whole DESKTOP environment while Web Browsers extensions just enables decorations, addblockers, and maybe spyware. Jokes aside, the browser level of usage is way too limited and doesn't really enhance your usage, just removes certain parts of the web for continence while Gnome Extensions, and I am paraphrasing certain gnome experts: "You need to use this". And for the most part I actually agree on that note.

Comment

Working...
          X