KDE In 2021 Should See Production-Ready Plasma Wayland, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE In 2021 Should See Production-Ready Plasma Wayland, Other Improvements

Phoronix: KDE In 2021 Should See Production-Ready Plasma Wayland, Other Improvements

KDE developer Nate Graham who has made a lot of contributions to KDE in recent years and is well known for his weekly KDE development summaries has published a 2021 roadmap for the year...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...E-2021-Roadmap

Note that the Breeze Evolution work is actually just about everything *but* icons.

Comment

I hope someone picks up Accent Colors. It seems like one of the biggest complaints of Plasma I see is Breeze Blue. An easier way to set the color scheme would go a long way towards addressing that, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        I hope someone picks up Accent Colors. It seems like one of the biggest complaints of Plasma I see is Breeze Blue. An easier way to set the color scheme would go a long way towards addressing that, IMHO.
        In fact there is an open merge request: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma...e_requests/305

It's gotten stalled due to some UI disagreements, but it will eventually be merged, in some form.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
          Note that the Breeze Evolution work is actually just about everything *but* icons.
          I hope the changes will also be made to the Breeze-GTK design? This time around hopefully with a proper "dark" preset (the current works, but only if the application is requesting darkmode - and my "forced" dark breeze-gtk is pretty butchered only works partly, i'm just no theme-designer ^^).

Looks like a nice evolution though, all things considered (maybe the radius on the buttons is a tad to big?)
          Oh and: a happy new year or course ^^

Comment

there hope to rewrite kwin ?

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post

I hope the changes will also be made to the Breeze-GTK design? This time around hopefully with a proper "dark" preset (the current works, but only if the application is requesting darkmode - and my "forced" dark breeze-gtk is pretty butchered only works partly, i'm just no theme-designer ^^).

Looks like a nice evolution though, all things considered (maybe the radius on the buttons is a tad to big?)
              Oh and: a happy new year or course ^^
              Yes the changes are coming to the Breeze GTK theme too. Not sure what you're referring to about the dark mode thing though. Can you file a bug report on Breeze | GTH theme?

Happy new year to you too!

Comment

Looking forward to production ready fix for subsurfaces clipping bug.

Comment

Looking forward to see KwinFT as a production-ready drop-in replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                    there hope to rewrite kwin ?
                    There is KwinFT project, but I hope KDE developers will come to some terms how to cooperate on it, instead of just forking it forever.

Comment

Working...
                    X