• Show
Clear All

• Bucic
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• Bucic
    replied
    GIMP 2.99.4 on Windows always crashes on Export i.e. it's unusable. There were no further releases of Windows binaries. https://www.partha.com/downloads/GIMP/ doesn't have any either. Would anyone be a hero and build a new set of binaries for Windows with the issue #6142 fixed?

Leave a comment:

• mulenmar
    replied
    Now, if someone could sort out the freezes when loading an exporter (such as PNG), or editing in a newly-created layer, on the Windows 64-bit version, that would be wonderful.

(I'm on v2.10.22 right now. Sadly, a clean reinstallation without any plugins/etc only drastically-lessened the issue. Seems to happen most in 8-bit paletted mode.)

Leave a comment:

• MadeUpName
    replied
    Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

Until then, check this out:

https://aferrero2707.github.io/PhotoFlow/
    Why would you choose photoflow over darktable? Photophlow seems to be in the pre alpha stage where as darktable is more or less complete as long as you don't need CR3 support. I wish them the best. I just don't know what problem they are trying to solve by reinventing the wheel that can't be done under one of the existing projects.

Leave a comment:

• You-
    replied
    Originally posted by jabl View Post

My understanding is that GTK4 is largely the latest GTK3 with all the legacy deprecated functionality removed, plus some minor cleanups here and there. So if you have an app written against "modern" GTK3 then porting to GTK4 should be fairly straightforward, but if you're using GTK3 as it was when initially released you might be in for a lot more work.

I haven't checked, but I would guess that by this point the GIMP GTK3 code is pretty modern, so should be relatively easy to port to GTK4.
    I think that was the initial plan, but they managed to do far more work on GTK4 than they originally envisages (a couple years worth). Porting may be easy but for the best results you may also want to refactor on top of the new goodies that should improve quality of life a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Xaero_Vincent
    replied
    Originally posted by mike456 View Post
    Still waiting for non destructive editing.
    Planned for 3.2.

Until then, check this out:

Last edited by Xaero_Vincent; 26 December 2020, 08:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jabl
    replied
    Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
    The way I heard it explained the jump from GTK3 to GTK4 is much less a jump than to GTK3 because all the legacy when GIMP had its old toolkit built in.
    My understanding is that GTK4 is largely the latest GTK3 with all the legacy deprecated functionality removed, plus some minor cleanups here and there. So if you have an app written against "modern" GTK3 then porting to GTK4 should be fairly straightforward, but if you're using GTK3 as it was when initially released you might be in for a lot more work.

I haven't checked, but I would guess that by this point the GIMP GTK3 code is pretty modern, so should be relatively easy to port to GTK4.

Leave a comment:

• verude
    replied
    I hope the move to gtk3 won't mean they'll remove the menubar and change it with a hamburger menu

Leave a comment:

• hyperchaotic
    replied
    I'm very excited by seeing more regular builds now. I use GIMP a lot, I just made an animated gif this morning for some gaming friends. Thank you and and happy holidays to the GIMP team!

Leave a comment:

• MadeUpName
    replied
    Congratulations to the Gimp developers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X