Darktable 3.4 Released For Leading Open-Source RAW Photography Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darktable 3.4 Released For Leading Open-Source RAW Photography Software

Phoronix: Darktable 3.4 Released For Leading Open-Source RAW Photography Software

Darktable 3.4 is out in time for dealing with any of your RAW holiday photos...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If any one is looking for CR3 support it isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
      If any one is looking for CR3 support it isn't there.
      You should address your complain to the camera manufacturer for not opening up the specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Bull View Post
        You should address your complain to the camera manufacturer for not opening up the specs.
        First, I wasn't complaining I was stating a fact. Second I have complained to Canon, repeatedly and publicly. Darktable relies on rawspeed and exif. It also appears that the exif guys have been in contact with Canon and come to some type of arrangement. If it wasn't for that I would have and moved on and not bothered to even read this posting. Unfortunately the main person behind one of those projects is more interested in leverageing the project to pimp his book than actually updating the code.

Comment

RAW processing and my printer are about the only reason I boot into Windows from time to time.
          Darktable is nice and everything, but I really miss CaptureNX's U-Point tech. Fwiw, that's not easy to find on Windows either, I have to rely on (the now discontinued) CaptureNX for snaps I took with my older camera. For my newer camera, I'll have to go with NX-D which has something resembling U-Point, but I don't think it is as powerful.

The patent for U-Point should expire soon though (not sure exactly when), maybe that's when Darktable will be able to implement it.

Whining aside, Darktable looks like it's built for KDE users: heaps of options, super-configurable and everything. Gnome users, don't even bother.

Comment

Working...
          X