GNOME Shell UX Continues Improving For GNOME 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Khrundel View Post
    Dude, it is 2020 now. Some of early Internet users already have grandchildren. Nobody believes in "I haven't read your post".

They couldn't implement freesize grid for almost 10 years? Like just do integer divide of space by icon's size? And they can't resize icons, despite they perform this automatically within their dash? OK.
    Well, this will be lesson for me not to discuss anything with an arrogant fool.
    No, they can't.
    Otherwise, I don't see any single reason why they would impose the same grid size. It looks like playskool icons for anything bigger than HD-ready screens. It doesn't make any sense to have it look that ridiculous if you were technically able to.

If you can do it, dynamic and configurable is the obvious way forward.

Nova launcher can do that on Android, with a huge amount of configuration, and they're probably financially mini teeny compared to Gnome/RedHat.

Oh, and I really didn't read the rest of your post. Zero credibility and all, you know.
    Last edited by Mez'; 27 December 2020, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mez' View Post
      No, they can't.
      Otherwise, I don't see any single reason why they would impose the same grid size. It looks like playskool icons for anything bigger than HD-ready screens. It doesn't make any sense to have it look that ridiculous if you were technically able to.

If you can do it, dynamic and configurable is the obvious way forward.
      Of course they can, they just don't want to.
      Dynamic and configurable may be obvious for you (and for many other people), but that's clearly not the "Gnome way"...

Comment

Working...
      X