No announcement yet.

Scheiße! KDE Plasma 5.21 To Add Palette For Easier Input Of Accented Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheiße! KDE Plasma 5.21 To Add Palette For Easier Input Of Accented Characters

Phoronix: Scheiße! KDE Plasma 5.21 To Add Palette For Easier Input Of Accented Characters

KDE developers have been busy so far in December making improvements from seemingly never-ending Wayland improvements to new features like easier support for accented character input without having to remember key sequences or changing your keyboard layout...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

phoronix Are you aware, that "Scheiße!" means "shit" in german?

Not sure why the title of the article starts with that.

Comment

Originally posted by FSMaxB View Post

Well aware. It was the first word I thought of this morning for how this feature will come in handy for my typing at least
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Because ß is a "accented character" maybe by some standards?

Meta.

Comment

For the fun of it.

In the good old days when Sun was still shining their keyboards had a compose key in order to create such letters. I'm still using this key but now mapped to the right "Windows" Key (right super key). So ß can be composed with RWin-s-s and Motörhead with Rwin-o-"...

Comment

Nanana....."Schei*e sagt man nicht" hat meine Mutti immer geschimpft

Comment

I also think the example word is quite misplaced and I wondered what's going on here with using that kind of words.

If you need something else, why not Me⃛täldötṥ or something that is not so offensive?
              Last edited by reba; 05 December 2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Zażółć gęślą jaźń. Well, there are no accented characters or diacritics in that sentence actually, despite what you might think at a first glance. These are separate letters, not "normal" letters with accents.

If you actually read the blog post, you will see it is not about "accented characters", but in general alternative characters, so ß does fit into that.

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post
                  I also think the example word is quite misplaced and I wondered what's going on here with using that kind of words.

If you need something else, why not Me⃛täldötṥ or something that is not so offensive?
                  Thank you for your valuable input. We created a commission to investigate into the alleged misconduct and/or misdemeanor of Michael at the International Council Of Mildly Offended And Vaguely Paranoid Society, the verdict is due out this Monday. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

Verdammte Scheiße, was zur hölle soll diese unnötige sensitivität.

Comment

Working...
                    X