Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 83 vs. Chrome 87 On Intel Tiger Lake + AMD Renoir Under Linux

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

    Well you maybe think you are "smart" but in the end the one who as a working system is "smart"

    I use Firefox 83 64bit with fedora33 on AMD-TR-1920X+ vega64 with wayland and gnome3.

    you try to be smart with 150 different GPUs and 15000 different hardware configurations...
    but hey why not just try some sane common configuration like i have ?

    "And people who are having issues are hallucinating according to you"

    wrong accoding to me they do not hallucinating but in fact you are the one who weaponize it.
    you do not look for a solution with AMD hardware because on linux Nvidia IS NOT a solution.
    you are only here to defend a very very very evil company: Nvidia...

    and everyone here can see this. everyone can see you do not search for a solution!!

    so i give you a good advice: admit defeat of your Nvidia nightmare dream and come back if you are ready to work on the solution to defeat evil companies like Nvidia.

    before this point happens your writing in this forum is complete pointless.
    I don't defend any companies because I have no idols unlike you. I prefer products with a proven track record and good support. NVIDIA offers excellent support for its GPUs under Linux and the quality of their drivers is excellent. And I don't care about Wayland at the moment. Firefox has a number of serious issues when being run under it - thank you very much. I also despise Gnome and I don't really like KDE5, so that leaves with no DE for Wayland at all.

    I also don't happen to call companies "evil" - it's very immature and childish. All companies are there to make profits - NVIDIA is no different than any other high-tech company in this regard. They just decided not to offer open source drivers for an obscure OS used mostly by geeks and I won't argue with that.

    Your whole message is full of emotions and morbid fanboyism. I don't deal with this crap, sorry.

    Go create a successful multibillion corporation and then teach everyone how to deal with Linux. Pouring emotion from your parents' basement - that's funny.

    Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    but hey why not just try some sane common configuration like i have ?
    Also go f off with your Linux elitism. According to you, people must throw away their perfectly working hardware and replace it with something YOU are running just to enjoy Linux. Really, f off.

    Also, there's NOTHING common about your configuration. Threadripper 1920X - $800? A motherboard for your CPU which costs at the very least $300? Vega64 - $500? > 95% of people in the world won't be able to afford it.

    Why are Linux users so bloody self-entitled?
    birdie
    Senior Member
    Last edited by birdie; 01 December 2020, 06:40 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by birdie View Post
      I don't defend any companies because I have no idols unlike you.
      what idol? i do not have AMD as idol I support any company who supports FLOSS and who are FLOSS themself.
      I can also buy a raspberry pi 400 and use that no AMD inside.

      the only 2 companies who i do reject is Nvidia and Intel.

      Originally posted by birdie View Post
      I prefer products with a proven track record and good support. NVIDIA offers excellent support for its GPUs under Linux and the quality of their drivers is excellent.
      well you are free to believe this. but fact is Nvidia sapotaged the khronos.org OpenGL standard for like 25 years by NvidiaGL who is only compatible with Nvidia hardware.

      This means Nvidia is sapotaging FLOSS and Open standards for like 25 years now.

      Originally posted by birdie View Post
      And I don't care about Wayland at the moment. Firefox has a number of serious issues when being run under it
      I write you here right now with Firefox and Wayland.... and i can not see any serious issues ????

      Originally posted by birdie View Post
      - thank you very much. I also despise Gnome and I don't really like KDE5, so that leaves with no DE for Wayland at all.
      well.... who can say anything about this? you are free to like or unlike anything you want.

      Originally posted by birdie View Post
      I also don't happen to call companies "evil" - it's very immature and childish. All companies are there to make profits - NVIDIA is no different than any other high-tech company in this regard. They just decided not to offer open source drivers for an obscure OS used mostly by geeks and I won't argue with that.
      i also know people who have this Liberal believe that no good or evil exist.
      but i agree to you that AMD try to make profit. but then tell me why they do make profit with opensource drivers and nvidia does not?

      if you want opensource drivers just in case you want it then AMD is the right company or don't you agree?

      Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Your whole message is full of emotions and morbid fanboyism. I don't deal with this crap, sorry.
      i say it again it is not AMD fanboyism you can buy raspberry pi 400 and have no AMD at all.


      Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Go create a successful multibillion corporation and then teach everyone how to deal with Linux. Pouring emotion from your parents' basement - that's funny.
      well you are right i life in my parents basement. just to be honest to you.
      but on the other side people like bridgman are used to read my stuff.

      I do not share your opinion that you can only show intelligence by "create a successful multibillion corporation" capitalism in this meaning is only a very small part of what intelligence can perform.

      Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Also go f off with your Linux elitism. According to you, people must throw away their perfectly working hardware and replace it with something YOU are running just to enjoy Linux. Really, f off.
      sure i really have no problem with Linux Elitism and I support Linux Elitism.
      but i am against throw away hardware better you sell it on ebay and buy AMD hardware instead.

      Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Also, there's NOTHING common about your configuration. Threadripper 1920X - $800? A motherboard for your CPU which costs at the very least $300? Vega64 - $500? > 95% of people in the world won't be able to afford it.
      well my second system hat a 1900X threadripper i selled it for 110€ on ebay now i buy a 2950X to repleace it. i also selled a vega64 last month it is 250€ on ebay. i had 6 pices of vega64...

      this means if you buy it used on ebay 1900x cpu 110€ a used vega64 is 250€ and a NEW mainboard for this is 350€ (you can buy used gpu and cpu but i prever to buy new mainboards)

      this means a system like this is 710€ (CPU+GPU+mainboard) if you want 128GB ram with ECC and 3200mhz it is 560€ right now in germany.

      why do you think this kind of system is so ELITE ??? to buy a PC for like 1500€ is very normal.

      the average price for workstations is 3000-4000€

      Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Why are Linux users so bloody self-entitled?
      well. i think you are not big difference to that.

      but i really think time change things over time. and the time of Nvidia is over.
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Citan View Post

        You mean you expect Chrome performance to catch up to Firefox before end 2030 right?
        Because, let me tell you, Chrome's superior speed is just a facade.

        ...
        Like most people, I don't have a lot of control over what code my browser runs, and while you may come up with anecdotal evidence that Firefox is sometimes faster, those stories aren't useful to anyone.
        That is why benchmarks exist. My own anecdotal evidence is that Firefox is slower. In some cases, much slower.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

          Like most people, I don't have a lot of control over what code my browser runs, and while you may come up with anecdotal evidence that Firefox is sometimes faster, those stories aren't useful to anyone.
          That is why benchmarks exist. My own anecdotal evidence is that Firefox is slower. In some cases, much slower.
          firefox is faster for all people as soon as you install "uBlock Orgin"
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

            firefox is faster for all people as soon as you install "uBlock Orgin"
            With anything javascript heavy (like I've had to use at work) Firefox is quite a bit slower. If it's an especially complex page the differences become even more obvious. Not the kind of page with ads all over it anyway, and that's a separate issue.
            If performance is your main concern, you should be blocking unwanted content before the browser.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
              With anything javascript heavy (like I've had to use at work) Firefox is quite a bit slower. If it's an especially complex page the differences become even more obvious. Not the kind of page with ads all over it anyway, and that's a separate issue.
              If performance is your main concern, you should be blocking unwanted content before the browser.
              most chrome people i know do not use ad-blocker
              most firefox user i know use uBlock-Orgin
              and the biggest problem in the web is in fact "Ad's"
              i really wonder what you do if you only use 1 web pages without Ad's with javascript heavy workload.
              as soon as you open many webpages the "Ad's" problem hit you even stronger.
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

                most chrome people i know do not use ad-blocker
                most firefox user i know use uBlock-Orgin
                and the biggest problem in the web is in fact "Ad's"
                i really wonder what you do if you only use 1 web pages without Ad's with javascript heavy workload.
                as soon as you open many webpages the "Ad's" problem hit you even stronger.
                You just keep talking about ads. I'm saying that Firefox is slower anyway.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

                  You just keep talking about ads. I'm saying that Firefox is slower anyway.
                  there is only one reason why google keep control over the brower(chrome)
                  and this is the reason to block: Ad-Blockers.

                  soon we will see a law suite in the usa and google will be splittet up in smaller companies and they will lose control over the browser so they can no longer block ad-blockers.
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                    soon we will see a law suite in the usa and google will be splittet up in smaller companies and they will lose control over the browser so they can no longer block ad-blockers.
                    I seriously doubt that. Everything they offer now, you can buy from someone else.

                    Comment


                    • The Tiger Lake cpu looks a lot faster than AMD 4500U on these benchmark.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X