KDE Closing Out November With More Plasma Wayland Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    I would love to help, since I'm a long time KDE user. Unfortunately my C/C++-fu sucks.
    All the more reason to join and help! Programming is an art that takes a lot of practice. Nobody's good at it before they have done it, a lot. Writing tests is an excellent opportunity to gain practice as less than perfect code doesn't create as many issues and if, not for users but for developers who usually know how to help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by mahead View Post
      While I fully agree how you see the meaning of unit tests, here is one more point-of-view: even if the tests had covered this, it could have been intentional to leave this feature from the last release, for example because of lack of developers time.
      It would have been listed as a known limitation if that were the case. But normally, if you can't finish the job, you don't merge at all.

Originally posted by niner View Post
      All the more reason to join and help! Programming is an art that takes a lot of practice. Nobody's good at it before they have done it, a lot. Writing tests is an excellent opportunity to gain practice as less than perfect code doesn't create as many issues and if, not for users but for developers who usually know how to help themselves.
      I know, but my time is limited and there are more interesting things to study. I did C/C++ like 15-20 years ago, decided it wasn't my cup of tea.

Comment

And still no mention or reference to any work in getting KDE to play nice with Nouveau on Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          And still no mention or reference to any work in getting KDE to play nice with Nouveau on Wayland.
          The whole team is currently working on Wayland support for KDE. It's in preview mode. Why would you expect anything specific about a particular driver?

Comment

At least on Tumbleweed, KDE massively broke multi-screen support if something is rotated. 2 of my 3 screens are inoperable.

Comment

Working...
            X