Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Closing Out November With More Plasma Wayland Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Closing Out November With More Plasma Wayland Fixes

KDE developers remain as busy as ever even with pandemic and Christmas season upon us...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does Plasma Wayland session have fullscreen unredirection for XWayland like Gnome 3.38?

Comment

- The Dolphin 20.12 file manager restores support for being able to launch AppImages and other executable files.
      wtf happened here

Comment

now i gave a try to XFCE on openSUSE tumbleweed (not intending a permanent change but rather for fun)... and what i noticed that KDE seems to be working smoother and on pare if not faster.... will go back to KDE after few weeks when i am done with some projects.. Very nice news and hope to be more positively surprised. Thanks KDE!

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
          wtf happened here
          It got broken during porting to a new API for cgroup support. Fixed now.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
            It got broken during porting to a new API for cgroup support. Fixed now.
            I'm sorry, I have to do this: if your automated tests don't catch this, what do they catch?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
              I'm sorry, I have to do this: if your automated tests don't catch this, what do they catch?
              Obvious answer is obvious: Other things.

Automated tests are code, and like all code, they are both buggy and in constant need of new features (i.e additional coverage). Assistance improving them is always appreciated. Would you like to help?

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
                Obvious answer is obvious: Other things.

Automated tests are code, and like all code, they are both buggy and in constant need of new features (i.e additional coverage). Assistance improving them is always appreciated. Would you like to help?
                I would love to help, since I'm a long time KDE user. Unfortunately my C/C++-fu sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I would love to help, since I'm a long time KDE user. Unfortunately my C/C++-fu sucks.
                  Guess this kind of work is harder than it seems, huh? That's another reason why it happened.

Comment

Nice that KDE on Wayland improves continuously.

Now I only have to wait till 2023 or so until the features reach Debian stable...

Comment

Working...
                    X