No announcement yet.

Firefox 84 Beta Begins Enabling WebRender By Default On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh sure, now they do it. Now that I've basically given up on Firefox as a viable browser.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
      Oh sure, now they do it. Now that I've basically given up on Firefox as a viable browser.
      LOL, there aren't any other viable browsers. Did you switch to the emacs web browser?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Right..., I totally forgot it uses WebGL.. I'm getting old..
        Old Chinese proverb....

“He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes, he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever"

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

LOL, there aren't any other viable browsers. Did you switch to the emacs web browser?
          Have a look to see if 'qutebrowser' could change your mind. IMHO it's very good alternative to 'firefox' and 'google'. Great feature on top - 'vi' like keyboard control.

Comment

i've been using it for some time (about a year i think?) with the ENV set and haven't had a single issue with it - so i guess it's about time the enable it by default xD

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
              As much as I hate Flash technically (already removed it), I'm still a bit emotional when I remember what was a real era of the web. I had a lot of fun with Flash games during my teen years (they are still playable with Flashpoint, but that nonetheless makes them part of history, and me old).
              You do have a point in that Flash had a community, and websites that hosted Flash games. We don't see that anymore these days. Perhaps Flash was easy, and that things like HTML5, JavaScript, WebGL, etc are too hard. It would be nice there was a way to author games on the web that was easy to do.

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
              Firefox is a viable web browser. It is very good. Benchmarks show Chrome to be faster, but I find the performance of Firefox to be adequate for me. It has many nice features too.

Comment

WebRender can be enabled in about:config, no need for environment variables (in contrast to native Wayland support). I’ve been running with it enabled for a long time.

Comment

I'm still on Firefox - been on it since back when it was named Phoenix. Every time I try to switch to Chrome, or even Chromium, I rage quit it because whenever I do web dev, I have flashbacks to IE6.
                  The bugs, the horrors...

Comment

Regarding WebGL I really like https://bigboxcollection.com/. So if you're into gaming check it out :-)

Comment

Now to just get wayland enabled by default.

Comment

Working...
                      X