Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 87 Released With More Performance Improvements

Phoronix: Chrome 87 Released With More Performance Improvements

In addition to the release of Firefox 83 today (along with word Servo is moving to the Linux Foundation), over in Google land they have shipped Chrome 87...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did you say performance improvements or spyware improvements?

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      Did you say performance improvements or spyware improvements?
      As they say in the US - we don't have spies we have intelligence officers.

Comment

VAAPI is broken with mesa-git (from Saturday), a Vega 56 and Version 86.0.4240.198 here (openSUSE carries the vaapi patches but disables hw video decode nowadays by default).
        Last edited by ms178; 17 November 2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

ungoogled-chromium is still on 86.0.4240.183 version https://ungoogled-software.github.io...mium-binaries/

Apple's Safari is the undisputed king of the webs, it trounces every browser in terms of performance and fluidity. I would like to see Chrome benchmarked against Apple's new M1 ARM chip and Safari in Big Sur.

Comment

With this release, you can now use any browser based on Chromium natively on Wayland.
            To do so, start your browser with the following arguments:
            Code:
            --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland
            I've been using it with Brave beta since it already used Chromium v87 and so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post

Apple's Safari is the undisputed king of the webs, it trounces every browser in terms of performance and fluidity.
              Too bad is spyware that only runs in a spyware OS.

Comment

This is the first version with Wayland Ozone flags right?

Comment

Originally posted by juxuanu View Post
                  With this release, you can now use any browser based on Chromium natively on Wayland.
                  To do so, start your browser with the following arguments:
                  Code:
                  --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland
                  I've been using it with Brave beta since it already used Chromium v87 and so far so good.
                  I have this weird double window, dont know if im the only one?

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                    ungoogled-chromium is still on 86.0.4240.183 version https://ungoogled-software.github.io...mium-binaries/

Apple's Safari is the undisputed king of the webs, it trounces every browser in terms of performance and fluidity. I would like to see Chrome benchmarked against Apple's new M1 ARM chip and Safari in Big Sur.
                    Any numbers or just saying some crap? This 'undisputed king of the webs' market share is nearly non existent. The same when comes to Apple's crapOS.

Comment

Working...
                    X