Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
    Gnome is a dictatorship
    Ah yes, the classic "They don't do what I want them to do".

and the devs enforce their bunker ideas and developer (or keyboard)-centric UI
    You are right, this isn't made for grandma. This is made by hackers as a tool to make their life easier and we are all welcome to hack around with it ourselfs, thats why it is nearly fully script controlled and live patchable. They aren't here to make a as simple as possible desktop because there are enough of them and they suck for everyone beside grandma.

to users that are asking for something else (as the extensions system show).
    Do you want little applets or do you want the power to change everything about the desktop? I rather want the powerful solution that may not be easy and comes with a price to pay.

What you lack is a bit of respect towards the people who spend their damn free time to build the desktop they want because all you seem to be able to is blaming them to not listen to your BS. Contribute some code if you want something, beside that all you can do is to ask friendly. Entitled User.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
      Ah yes, the classic "They don't do what I want them to do".

You are right, this isn't made for grandma. This is made by hackers as a tool to make their life easier and we are all welcome to hack around with it ourselfs, thats why it is nearly fully script controlled and live patchable. They aren't here to make a as simple as possible desktop because there are enough of them and they suck for everyone beside grandma.

Do you want little applets or do you want the power to change everything about the desktop? I rather want the powerful solution that may not be easy and comes with a price to pay.

What you lack is a bit of respect towards the people who spend their damn free time to build the desktop they want because all you seem to be able to is blaming them to not listen to your BS. Contribute some code if you want something, beside that all you can do is to ask friendly. Entitled User.
      Cut your yes-man bullcrap. This has nothing to do with free time. Gnome 3 was designed mostly by Red Hat employees. Paid on their work time.

It's not powerful at all since it has been stripping down features with every release. It's the extension system that makes up for its shortcomings. Meaning third-party developers actually using their free time to do what designers and main paid devs weren't able to.
      Gnome devs never had any user interest in mind (I don't care about mine, I care about everyone's). They don't respect the diversity of use cases and workflows. Why should I respect them when they don't respect their user base?

Comment

arQon I didn’t read your wall of repetitive confirmation bias.

You need to understand that the control center is one of the most fundamental applications tightly integrated with the settings system. It’s maintained by a Canonical dev.

But I guess you need more examples.

Glib. The most fundamental lib used in GNOME. Maintained by Philip Witnall, Endless Mobile.

Gnome-terminal. Maintained by an independent developer.

So how is Red Hat in control now that they don’t maintain the most fundamental lib and the two most fundamental applications?

Comment

arQon Look what Endless Mobile also have been up to. Fustra work on mutter. 3D Features way outside of Red Hat’s 2D needs.
          https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte..._requests/1520

Besides proving my point it is also an extremely nice performance enhancement.

Comment

Working...
          X