X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Spam View Post
    Why does Firefox need its core replaced every few years anyway?
    because incremental refactoring is too boring

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Let's be honest here, Servo was supposed to be the new heart of Firefox. Who in their right mind announces they just ripped their heart out and donated it for safe-keeping?
    it all started with rust

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    R.I.P.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by zoomblab View Post

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Voldemort comes to mind.
    Both debatable on the "in their right mind" front, but both good points

Leave a comment:

• Flaburgan
    replied
    Originally posted by Teggs View Post
    Samsung. I didn't expect to see that name in this article.

Is someone at Samsung considering making a Servo-based browser?
    Samsung was involved in Servo and Rust for a long time IIRC, and also in Lets encrypt

Leave a comment:

• undefined
    replied
    Originally posted by hubick View Post
    Servo was Mozilla's future. They needed that tech to avoid losing users long term. Nobody will compare browsers and choose the one which is much slower and less responsive. :facepalm:
    I would as long as this browser has the "Tree Style Tab" addon and is able to handle the modern web to some acceptable degree. Couldn't care less how much faster other browsers are. And I guess the general public also doesn't care much about speed as long as it is fine. I don't think that 95% of chrome users have ever tried firefox to compare speed.

Leave a comment:

• Teggs
    replied
    Samsung. I didn't expect to see that name in this article.

Is someone at Samsung considering making a Servo-based browser?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I'm a Firefox die-hard. But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
    Let's be honest here, Servo was supposed the new heart of Firefox. Who in their right mind announces they just ripped their heart out and donated it for safe-keeping?
    Voldemort comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• S.Pam
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post

Your comment along the one about being not hacker friendly are quite underrated and the best ones IMHO.

Firefox project is nice, but with extremely shitty management.

Thunderbird is interesting, but quite bloated and slow compared to similar graphical email clients. It can't manage my 97 million emails inbox
    I thought that Thunderbird would have new air under its wings. But to date the ui is a huge mess with buttons and menu options scattered all over.

And STILL no CardDAV support ... I still use it because not much better exists on Windows .

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
    Looks like they're continuing their long standing policy of actively trying to run the project into the ground by giving greater focus to things like making the technical terminology used less "problematic" rather than making sure that technology is any good. I can understand that it's much more fun to work on new moonshot features, but for those to work properly your fundamentals do need to be in order first. The Mozilla project has never had what I'd describe as good fundamentals and that goes back to the Netscape under AOL days.

I'd very much like to be optimistic about the future of Firefox and the Mozilla foundation, but I have absolutely no faith in their current management.
    Your comment along the one about being not hacker friendly are quite underrated and the best ones IMHO.

Firefox project is nice, but with extremely shitty management.

Thunderbird is interesting, but quite bloated and slow compared to similar graphical email clients. It can't manage my 97 million emails inbox

Leave a comment:

Working...
X