Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora's Qt-Based Media Writer Seeing Improvements

Phoronix: Fedora's Qt-Based Media Writer Seeing Improvements

Fedora Media Writer is the project's cross-platform utility for deploying Fedora install images to USB drives in an easy-to-user manner and for selecting from the various Fedora spins. One of Red Hat's engineers has recently been working on some modernization improvements to this Fedora image writer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks neat

Comment

Works fine to write other distributions as well.

Comment

Good example of writing Gnome applications in Qt instead of GTK.

Comment

My go-to programs on Windows for writing Live Linux images.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
            Good example of writing Gnome applications in Qt instead of GTK.
            Yeah, how come they did? I thought 144Hz kept saying Fedora doesn't use anything else than GTK on their main flavor?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Yeah, how come they did? I thought 144Hz kept saying Fedora doesn't use anything else than GTK on their main flavor?
              One of the explicit goals of the Fedora Workstation was to blend in applications that used Qt and Red Hat sponsored a bunch of work related to that. This application both served as an example of what could be done while also serving a real functional purpose because of the cross platform nature of it.

Comment

I just discovered Ventoy, and so far so good. If it continues to work as advertised, I can drop in whatever ISO images I want and choose which to load at boot time. This is something I wanted for a while.

Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO files. With ventoy, you don't need to format the disk again and again, you just need to copy the iso file to the USB drive and boot it.

A new bootable USB solution. Contribute to ventoy/Ventoy development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Every time I use fedora media writer,it ruins my usb drive and can’t use it ever again..

Comment

Originally posted by Radtraveller View Post
                    Every time I use fedora media writer,it ruins my usb drive and can’t use it ever again..
                    Media writer is essentially doing an equivalent of dd. If a software can cause a usb drive to be never usable again, that sounds more like a hardware issue. You have a bug report filed on this?

Comment

Working...
                    X