Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Sees A Number Of Fixes To Dolphin, Plasma On Wayland

Phoronix: KDE Sees A Number Of Fixes To Dolphin, Plasma On Wayland

It's been another busy week of bug fixing in the KDE space along with other feature work, including on the Plasma Wayland front...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael

Dolphin will no longer frequently rash when typing in the filter bar.

Should that be crash?
    GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

lol for that Dolphin note

A little bit of backstory for that crash bug in the filter bar as i was involved in the discussions that cased it and the subsequent fix for it.
      Technically a bug started to appear when refactoring code to get rid of Qt's foreach (as that's gone in Qt 6.0).
      That refactor introduced crashy behavior in the filter functionality.
      Which was then fixed too.

This all was in a matter of days during which no Dolphin release had been made so nobody (besides the devs) had seen this issue.
      So in other terms. The filter bar works exactly like it used to from a users point of view from release to release

The beauty of active healthy open source development

Comment

the more i read about kde fixes the more i wonder if kde really worked as intended

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
          the more i read about kde fixes the more i wonder if kde really worked as intended
          The more I read quotes that don't even bother capitalizing words or using punctuation, the more I realize that people aren't capable of grasping how large a project like KDE actually is.

OR

The more I read about GNOME fixes the more I wonder if GNOME really worked as intended.

I wasn't sure which comment to go with so y'all get both. Also, GNOME & KDE can be replaced with the name of any other project and both of our comments would still be equally "valid".

f0rmat So you're telling me I shouldn't have put Cortisone on my monitor around the search bar? Well crap.

Comment

The best news are always fixed bugs especially if these are that easy to run into.

And to read this week the normal GNOME / KDE fanboy comments is like a release, last week it felt like one of the worst threads ever for me.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
              The best news are always fixed bugs especially if these are that easy to run into.

And to read this week the normal GNOME / KDE fanboy comments is like a release, last week it felt like one of the worst threads ever for me.
              Yeah. Last week was a 10 foot pole week.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

f0rmat So you're telling me I shouldn't have put Cortisone on my monitor around the search bar? Well crap.
                You can if you want....maybe use some that smells like aloe vera or, better yet, QT

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Yeah...I agree. Far be that there could be an intelligent conversation on something that is actually interesting to some people on this forum without it turning into a partial trolling and name calling session from other people because they are less interested in discussion and more interested in proving themselves to be the "masters and commanders of all knowledge." Choice does count - that is one of the best things about linux - I do not have to like your choice and I can choose another. Unfortunately, some here seem to think that if "you do not like my choice, you are an idiot, moron, s**thead, fill in the blank." Name calling is the last defense of the stupid (ignorance by choice) and the fanatical.

Comment

Those who use most of his/her times trying to diminish the work of others, do so because they do nothing of interest, have nothing of his/her own to show or are so unhappy about themselves that they can't help but try to expand their sorry worlds toward others. The core of their characters speaks loudly on their resentful words.

Comment

Working...
                    X