KDE Kicks Off November With More Fixes, Including More Plasma Wayland Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    Plasma Wayland sounds interesting. Is it a new fork? How is it different from regular Wayland?
    Wayland is just a protocol.
    Some actual implementations of this are:
    • Weston (reference implementation)
    • Gnome Wayland (Mutter)
    • Plasma Wayland (Kwin)
    • Enlightenment
    • Sway

Comment

Meanwhile by the end of 2020 nor gnome-based distributions (the most popular one) nor the kde can remove files off the USB sticks properly so the end user is not stuck with "empty" pendrive but with no room on it. bloody great.

Comment

Originally posted by Securitex
        Since the recent revelations about Mozilla's CEO woman redirecting money to some dubious research about, let me quote, "white supremacists males using p2p to spread hate", we also got KDE in line of this. There are over 500 000 000 people in Europe more in both Americas and yet KDE caters to only Jews (and some Arabs) because their religious calendar that starts on Sunday and since like ever KDE calendar starts not like for 90% of the Earth population on Monday, but with Sunday for minority religion. Since when the religion should be the indicator how you develop the software. Should KDE be religion agnostic? Unless it caters to some jewish entities like MOSAD: first give them a finger (kuserfeedback spyware) and then the whole arm and so on. And the millenials will not care as usual.
        I think you should rename yourself to "insecuritex".
        I'm genuinely curious what drugs you're on. So long as I'm not stressed out about anything, they seem like a great way to get the creative juices flowing.

Comment

Since the recent revelations about Mozilla's CEO woman redirecting money to some dubious research about, let me quote, "white supremacists males using p2p to spread hate", we also got KDE in line of this. There are over 500 000 000 people in Europe more in both Americas and yet KDE caters to only Jews (and some Arabs) because their religious calendar that starts on Sunday and since like ever KDE calendar starts not like for 90% of the Earth population on Monday, but with Sunday for minority religion. Since when the religion should be the indicator how you develop the software. Should KDE be religion agnostic? Unless it caters to some jewish entities like MOSAD: first give them a finger (kuserfeedback spyware) and then the whole arm and so on. And the millenials will not care as usual.
          Are you serious?

The majority of traditional calendars start on Sunday, hence the defaults. This is configurable, even though there is no GUI for it yet :<
          I think you are thinking too deeply, that your brain begins to elaborate conspiracy theories and you go crazy.

Comment

Whatever you are on, share it, it must be really strong shit.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              I'm genuinely curious what drugs you're on.
              Probably two drugs, one starting with T and another starting with Q.....

Comment

Michael, these forums are really starting to go down hill with all the trolls and nonsense posted in them.

What can we do to fix this?

Are you willing to add people to become mods? Can you at least update the forums to allow blocking users? Would it take a certain monetary amount in order to make that happen, because i think there are enough frustrated people here that we could make it happen.

Comment

How amazingly everyone supports lies and spyware by Graham. Interesting circle coming from KDE e.v. How much are you paid to protect spyware? (Snip)
                  The only thing you have succeeded in doing here is making yourself look like a complete idiot who possibly requires professional help and I suspect there has been some sort of life event that has pushed you over the "psychological" edge. There are people out there that can help people like you, all you need to do is reach out.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    Michael, these forums are really starting to go down hill with all the trolls and nonsense posted in them.

What can we do to fix this?

Are you willing to add people to become mods? Can you at least update the forums to allow blocking users? Would it take a certain monetary amount in order to make that happen, because i think there are enough frustrated people here that we could make it happen.
                    Trolls are tolerated here for significant periods of time. They have to work really hard for a ban.
                    Blocking users was broken for a while. It may still be, I'm not using that because if you block a user you still see messages quoting their posts and, imho, it makes the thread look even weirder.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Trolls are tolerated here for significant periods of time. They have to work really hard for a ban.
                      Blocking users was broken for a while. It may still be, I'm not using that because if you block a user you still see messages quoting their posts and, imho, it makes the thread look even weirder.
                      I know. It's been bad for a long time, but I feel like it's just been getting worse and worse lately. I can't even recall the last KDE, Gnome, X, Wayland, NVidia, Intel, or AMD thread that didn't get hijacked, and it's always by the same set of people.

If Michael wants to fix this, I'm happy to try and help out however i can.

However, if this is the community Michael wants to build around Phoronix, I may just decide to opt out of the forums going forward. I can just read the articles and pretend the comments don't exist.

Comment

Working...
                      X