No announcement yet.

KDE Kicks Off November With More Fixes, Including More Plasma Wayland Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been using KDE for nearly 20 years. Thank you for all the great work!
    I even install some KDE apps like Kate on non linux systems (OSX & Win) to get things done. e.g. My work bought macbook.
    Please disengage the loud but minority idiots, and know there is a silent majority out there happily using KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post

Its called adjust scaling. System settings, display and monitor, global scale, set to 150% or something.

Oddly enough scaling doesn't work too well under Gnome with NVIDIA cards, it ends up messing the viewport/resolution up for applications which get mighty confused., so you end up needing to do font scaling instead for GNOME which isn't ideal.
      I was already at 200. What Nate suggested and going up to 225% helps a bit more, but, still, for me the KDE/Win9x layout and styling just doesn't seem to work very well on this large of a screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Securitex
        Since the recent revelations about Mozilla's CEO woman redirecting money to some dubious research about, let me quote, "white supremacists males using p2p to spread hate", we also got KDE in line of this. There are over 500 000 000 people in Europe more in both Americas and yet KDE caters to only Jews (and some Arabs) because their religious calendar that starts on Sunday and since like ever KDE calendar starts not like for 90% of the Earth population on Monday, but with Sunday for minority religion. Since when the religion should be the indicator how you develop the software. Should KDE be religion agnostic? Unless it caters to some jewish entities like MOSAD: first give them a finger (kuserfeedback spyware) and then the whole arm and so on. And the millenials will not care as usual.
        i have to disappoint you: sunday is also the start of the week for christians
        And while i agree that monday should be the default start as standardised by ISO, i'm not in the slightest surprised that you are of the breed of people that would waste their energy on irritating yourself on something like this because "its only for the jews and arabs!!11"

Comment

Since the recent revelations about Mozilla's CEO woman redirecting money to some dubious research about, let me quote, "white supremacists males using p2p to spread hate", we also got KDE in line of this. There are over 500 000 000 people in Europe more in both Americas and yet KDE caters to only Jews (and some Arabs) because their religious calendar that starts on Sunday and since like ever KDE calendar starts not like for 90% of the Earth population on Monday, but with Sunday for minority religion. Since when the religion should be the indicator how you develop the software. Should KDE be religion agnostic? Unless it caters to some jewish entities like MOSAD: first give them a finger (kuserfeedback spyware) and then the whole arm and so on. And the millenials will not care as usual.
          Are you f***king kidding? Come out of your mother's basement.
          GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
            Trolls don't starve, they escalate until banned.

I'll go find something productive to do.
            Nate...I for one appreciate all of the good work that you do. I find KDE to be exceptional for my personal workflow. Unfortunately because my job is Windows "locked" I cannot use it at work. You and the rest of the KDE team have done excellent work and I appreciate it. The whole open source community has done excellent work and I do appreciate it. But do not let one single or double digit IQ individual cause you to do something that you will regret. You are better than that. Remember that the only thing that is truly equal opportunity in this world, the only thing that transcends all races, colors, creeds, religions, national origins, etc. is stupidity. You can always find stupid people in any demographic. Pick pink, purple polka-dotted three legged individuals, and you will find stupid ones. And I define stupidity as ignorance by choice. Ignorance can be cured with the medicine of knowledge. Knowing that you are ignorant and choosing to remain so is stupidity.

Thank you and your team for all that you do. Sometimes we have issues, but thank you for attempting to deal with them in a professional manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevelyan View Post
              I’ve been using KDE for nearly 20 years. Thank you for all the great work!
              I even install some KDE apps like Kate on non linux systems (OSX & Win) to get things done. e.g. My work bought macbook.
              Please disengage the loud but minority idiots, and know there is a silent majority out there happily using KDE.
              I have Kate installed on my Windows compute because I find it superior to the Windows offering. I really like using Kate when I have to do text editing. It is not perfect, but it is far superior to any other cross platform editor that I have been able to find. I am very busy, so having to only learn one program that "simply works" is good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                I don't think Plasma5.20 went over well with NVIDIA users, going by reddit and my own experiences. I tried to install it and got a broken desktop login, meh.
                I have had no problem on my nVidia/intel laptop - but I am not using wayland. On my my ancient APU 10-4800 laptop I use wayland plasma with zero issues. Perhaps the palsma issues are wayland on nVidia? I am not an expert, I am just giving my experience.

Comment

(insert various pieces of misinformation about kuserfeedback and telemetry
                  Just for those who don't use KDE and haven't seen what this troll/moron is talking about; there's a slider in the system settings for collecting telemetry. The long and short is:
                  • When the slider is all the way to the left, telemetry is disabled.
                  • It says "Disabled".
                  • It defaults to "Disabled".
                  End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post

i have to disappoint you: sunday is also the start of the week for christians
                    And while i agree that monday should be the default start as standardised by ISO, i'm not in the slightest surprised that you are of the breed of people that would waste their energy on irritating yourself on something like this because "its only for the jews and arabs!!11"
                    Christianity is nothing more, but jewish sect, so this example is flawed. However, if this option is configurable I don't see any problem here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kver View Post

Just for those who don't use KDE and haven't seen what this troll/moron is talking about; there's a slider in the system settings for collecting telemetry. The long and short is:
                      • When the slider is all the way to the left, telemetry is disabled.
                      • It says "Disabled".
                      • It defaults to "Disabled".
                      End of story.
                      Hopefully. There was a bug in Gnome that caused localization services to be enabled regardless of settings.

Comment

Working...
                      X