KDE Kicks Off November With More Fixes, Including More Plasma Wayland Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Kicks Off November With More Fixes, Including More Plasma Wayland Work

Phoronix: KDE Kicks Off November With More Fixes, Including More Plasma Wayland Work

The first week of November brought numerous improvements to the KDE stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    - The Kate text editor now supports the Zig language serer.

Comment

In Plasma 5.21 there will be a fingerprint login option too. Plus the newly created menu that's based off simple menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Baguy View Post
        In Plasma 5.21 there will be a fingerprint login option too. Plus the newly created menu that's based off simple menu.
        These are still WIP, but yes, we're hoping to get them into 5.21.

Comment

Plasma Wayland sounds interesting. Is it a new fork? How is it different from regular Wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by Securitex
            Is KDE a clone of MS Windows or MS Windows owns KDE? Why is there a default shortcut for Dolphin file manager cloned from MS windows Win/Meta/Super+E. E=Explorer.exe. We don't have exporer.exe in KDE. Shouldn't it be Win/Meta/Super+F, where F is as in FILE manager? Is been there for ages.

The default application switcher is a windows clone, where we don't know which is a shortcut (aka quick launch) and which is a running app/window. And because of that stupid windows clone we have to click multiple times on small icons to switch between opened windows/apps. And on top of that that we don't have text on them so we don't see which one is which one at first glance at all. Yet another usability hindering clone of MS windows stupidity.

Stupid windows cloning. Nate is an idiot.

Nat soon will be renaming Dolphin to Explorer. Just to conform to "standards". Windows is a standard, so we need to conform to the windows shortcut.
            salty troll is salty.
            you are welcomed to change the defaults, you know?

but maybe, just maybe there is merit in the idea to make the transition for new windows-to-linux-switched user as painless as possible?

don't get me wrong, i don't like the icon-only BS either, but its just 3 clicks to change it...

And i guess we don't really need to talk about how much you disqualify your post (even if it had merit) by personally attacking a dev...

KDE is the best DE for me and Nate is doing a great job imho - so if you don't like it, why not use something else instead of poisoning threads? ^^

Comment

Is KDE a clone of MS Windows or MS Windows owns KDE? Why is there a default shortcut for Dolphin file manager cloned from MS windows Win/Meta/Super+E. E=Explorer.exe. We don't have exporer.exe in KDE. Shouldn't it be Win/Meta/Super+F, where F is as in FILE manager? Is been there for ages.

The default application switcher is a windows clone, where we don't know which is a shortcut (aka quick launch) and which is a running app/window. And because of that stupid windows clone we have to click multiple times on small icons to switch between opened windows/apps. And on top of that that we don't have text on them so we don't see which one is which one at first glance at all. Yet another usability hindering clone of MS windows stupidity.

Nat soon will be renaming Dolphin to Explorer. Just to conform to "standards". Windows is a standard, so we need to conform to the windows shortcut.
              In fact, I closed the passive aggressive bug you filed about this, so no, that's not going to happen.

I usually try to keep things positive, but you know what? Your negativity pissed me off, so I typed out something really mean and nasty to respond with, and then I deleted it instead of clicking post because I'm a good person. You might consider learning something from this free-of-charge lesson in civilized human behavior. You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Baguy View Post
                In Plasma 5.21 there will be a fingerprint login option too.
                How? Plasma has no login manager.

Comment

You wrote only stupidity and you should learn respect, your mom forgot to teach you!

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

In fact, I closed the passive aggressive bug you filed about this, so no, that's not going to happen.

I usually try to keep things positive, but you know what? Your negativity pissed me off, so I typed out something really mean and nasty to respond with, and then I deleted it instead of clicking post because I'm a good person. You might consider learning something from this free-of-charge lesson in civilized human behavior. You're welcome.
                    Nate,
                    Please be assured that 99,9% of the people are not like that. I know how frustrating it is to having to deal with this kind of behaviour when all you're trying to do is to do something good, I just wanted to tell you that your continued dedication and passion for kde is astounding and super appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                    X