• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Azpegath

• Azpegath
    replied
    Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
    My estimate of being able to do it in a week or two.
    Challenge accepted, looking forward to your pull/merge request! <3

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan

• Danielsan
    replied
    At every steps GIMP becomes better and better, it is a great software!

Leave a comment:

• prokoudine

• prokoudine
    replied
    1. What's your hands-on experience with GIMP's source code?

2. How did you even make this estimation not knowing how much spare time GIMP developers have for this?

Leave a comment:

• Brane215

• Brane215
    replied
    Originally posted by prokoudine View Post

I'd like to know what your confidence about "more than enough time" is based on.

Leave a comment:

• hyperchaotic

• hyperchaotic
    replied

Another possibility is to enhance the existing inpainting framework in GEGL. We haven't given either of that much thought yet, what with 2K+ bug reports and feature requests and all To be frank, this sounds like a job for a new interested developer. Wrapping up v3.0 development should really take the front seat now. Everybody wants what's next after that — non-destructive editing.
    Maybe a nice contained project for a student, summer of code perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• prokoudine

• prokoudine
    replied
    GTK4 has been loooong in process, so GIMP folks had more than enough time to filter out possible bugs.
    I'd like to know what your confidence about "more than enough time" is based on. Do you manage our schedule? Do you stick around on IRC to know what we are up to? Do you follow the development closely? Do you, in fact, know anything about GIMP development other than what you read in the news post on Phoronix?

Also, it's not exactly like GIMP releases are being heavilly tested. It wouldn't really hurt anyoune if at least GIMP-git had GTK4 branch all along.
    It would hurt everyone involved with actual development by sucking precious time however little of it is available.
    prokoudine
    Last edited by prokoudine; 09 November 2020, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Brane215

• Brane215
    replied

I guess I'll have to repeat myself GTK4 is new (even unreleased as of now) and not tested all that well. Creating a new GIMP release based on it right now would result in stepping on every landmine.
    GTK4 has been loooong in process, so GIMP folks had more than enough time to filter out possible bugs.
    Also, it's not exactly like GIMP releases are being heavilly tested. It wouldn't really hurt anyoune if at least GIMP-git had GTK4 branch all along.

Leave a comment:

• prokoudine

• prokoudine
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperchaotic View Post
    Only wish I’d have is getting the resynthesizer/heal selection plugin integrated into GEGL/GIMP as a key feature.
    Another possibility is to enhance the existing inpainting framework in GEGL. We haven't given either of that much thought yet, what with 2K+ bug reports and feature requests and all To be frank, this sounds like a job for a new interested developer. Wrapping up v3.0 development should really take the front seat now. Everybody wants what's next after that — non-destructive editing.

Leave a comment:

• prokoudine

• prokoudine
    replied
    Why not GTK4 ?
    Wasn't GIMP supposed to be main GTK+ customer ?
    I guess I'll have to repeat myself GTK4 is new (even unreleased as of now) and not tested all that well. Creating a new GIMP release based on it right now would result in stepping on every landmine.

Leave a comment:

• hyperchaotic

• hyperchaotic
    replied
    Gave it a quick spin. I never considered operating on a multi layer selection but I think it’ll be very useful.

I forgot to check whether it fixes the annoying bug in the 2.10.x on Windows in single window mode where I move the layer opacity slider and it sometimes won’t let go even after I select other tools so any keyboard action still affects the slider. Workaround is to click on the menu after using the slider, to remove focus from it. Doesn’t happen on Linux.

Anyway it looks really promising and I’m looking forward to it. I’ve used The GIMP a lot for many years for restoring or colorizing old photos, removing drunk uncle Anton photobombing on wedding photos etc., comedic er changes and the like of birthday invites and school projects for the kids. I’m grateful to anybody investing their time in the project.

Only wish I’d have is getting the resynthesizer/heal selection plugin integrated into GEGL/GIMP as a key feature.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X