Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Saw A "Bug Massacre" This Week With Better NVIDIA Wayland Experience, Many Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

That's what I was hinting at: it's a (not so clever) play on human psychology, that's been employed for years.
    We are in violent agreement.
    GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Can anyone confirm, that NVIDIA and Wayland actually works?

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
        Maybe email NVIDIA. After all you paid them money for their product that they are supposed to support.

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post
          What's the benefit of Wayland???
          I am still in windows with WSL2 is alright for work, photoshop and games.
          History: X is old. When it was designed computers being networked was not the norm. Over the subsequent years security was not really a major design factor.

Wayland (as a concept, protocol and implementations) are designed from the ground up to as secure as possible (so one app cannot spy on another etc).

WSL2 I do believe will still use X for displaying GUI apps (from the Linux world), I am unsure about Wayland support.

I am glad you have found a solution that works for you. WSL2 is a pretty cool tech.

Comment

Been waiting for four years, and *still* waiting for KDE on Wayland to wok with Nouveau.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

History: X is old. When it was designed computers being networked was not the norm. Over the subsequent years security was not really a major design factor.

Wayland (as a concept, protocol and implementations) are designed from the ground up to as secure as possible (so one app cannot spy on another etc).

WSL2 I do believe will still use X for displaying GUI apps (from the Linux world), I am unsure about Wayland support.

I am glad you have found a solution that works for you. WSL2 is a pretty cool tech.
              Thanks very clear. Then it will be an improvement for better privacy and security.
              Yes, I am okay with WSL2, when I have to deploy my servers and develop on Linux. I am not a privacy monster so I let Microsoft steal some of my data

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post

Thanks very clear. Then it will be an improvement for better privacy and security.
                Yes, I am okay with WSL2, when I have to deploy my servers and develop on Linux. I am not a privacy monster so I let Microsoft steal some of my data
                yes, that's the goal - it goes hand in hand other new tech like
                * Flatpak/snaps etc so that your normal desktop apps are running in a container too.
                * having your Desktop Environment (DE) launching apps in Cgroups (containers) for better process management.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
                  Read the thread: Nvidia and Wayland work, but on Gnome. KDE's Wayland support is in tech-preview phase (not only with Nvidia, though there are probably more bugs in that area).

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                    You are incorrect: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...g-Wayland-Comp

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                      I had forgotten about that - I hope they have been continuing with this project. I have not heard any more about it though

Comment

Working...
                      X