Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Saw A "Bug Massacre" This Week With Better NVIDIA Wayland Experience, Many Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Saw A "Bug Massacre" This Week With Better NVIDIA Wayland Experience, Many Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Saw A "Bug Massacre" This Week With Better NVIDIA Wayland Experience, Many Fixes

The bug fixing in KDE land continues and ends the month with a "bug massacre", for how KDE developer Nate Graham describes it in his weekly recaps...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe the Ubuntu anouncment of defaulting wayland by 21.04 and the "abandonware" statement helped to focus a bit more on Wayland. The final push needed to reduce bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      Maybe the Ubuntu anouncment of defaulting wayland by 21.04 and the "abandonware" statement helped to focus a bit more on Wayland. The final push needed to reduce bugs.
      As Samuel Johnson wrote, “Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully."

Comment

Was there any official announcement regarding wayland on Ubuntu 21.04? All I could find were rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

As Samuel Johnson wrote, “Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully."
          Spot on

Comment

And the most important fix is:
            KDE Wayland doesn't crash anymore when moving the mouse

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
              While that might be true, I think that the greater merit goes to the fact that finalizing the transition to Wayland is one of their three goals for 2021

Comment

Haha great timing - I'm planning on transitioning my KDE workstation to Nvidia soon (only because I need CUDA) and I held back on Wayland because I knew I was making this transition. I guess I can go ahead. I should do the switch now so I can see if any bugs I encounter are simply because of Nvidia.
                Unlike a lot of people here, I've run KDE in the past with Wayland and hardly faced any problems at all. My main complaints have been fixed months ago.

Comment

#METOO. Took a knee in the wrong part of a yard and got attacked by a brigade of ants and ended up with about a 4x7 inch patch of bites, redness, and swelling. It's just now getting not sore to the touch.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    Haha great timing - I'm planning on transitioning my KDE workstation to Nvidia soon (only because I need CUDA) and I held back on Wayland because I knew I was making this transition. I guess I can go ahead. I should do the switch now so I can see if any bugs I encounter are simply because of Nvidia.
                    Unlike a lot of people here, I've run KDE in the past with Wayland and hardly faced any problems at all. My main complaints have been fixed months ago.
                    Unless you need display, another solution can be to SSH, into machine from a cheap laptop. This also lets you place noisy machine in a garage or another location where it is out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X