Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE vs GNOME

Hello folks.

Just want to know how many is using kde and gnome, given the new improved kde 4.2. I have myself migrated to kde and like it very much. I could have added more wm's in the poll, but I just want to know the KDE vs gnome theme.
    KDE
    52.38%
    Gnome
    39.46%
    Others
    8.16%
    Last edited by tball; 05 March 2009, 01:06 PM.

KDE 3.x here. 4.2 still hasn't caught up on feature parity, and from various reports, still has issues with performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Saist View Post
      KDE 3.x here. 4.2 still hasn't caught up on feature parity, and from various reports, still has issues with performance.
      The very only "feature" I miss, is global proxy support in KDE. Like the proxy support in gnome's proxy settings (Ubuntu). But I don't that feature existed in kde 3.5 neither.

Comment

I just upgraded to KDE 4.2.1 + Qt 4.5.0 today. So far, it's very decent. I switch from KDE 3 to 4.2.0 about a month ago. Things work different and I have to adapt, but I like it. It sure kicks Vista in the butt IMO.

I use Gnome at some machines in the University though. It's decent, but IMO can't compare to KDE 4.

Comment

GNOME does everything I want and I'm very happy with it. I do use KDE however, mostly on secondary machines.

Comment

If I had to pick one, it would be KDE; Gnome is ugly to my eyes, and it can't be configured exactly as I want.

Then again, I don't have to. They are both too heavy and bloated, I'm happy with something lighter. kthxbye

Comment

I'm surprised with the results so far. I thought there was more gnome users around.

Comment

9 users is hardly enough to draw conclusions, lol

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  9 users is hardly enough to draw conclusions, lol
                  I know ;-) But anyway, I'm surpriced.

Comment

KDE 4.2.1 it has every feature I want and I don't notice any performance penalty. Same FPS here and same in gnome, xfce... And KDE 4 just looks great and has great apps!

Comment

Working...
                    X