X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.3.61 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by linmin View Post
      KDE was overall an unstable and unusable mess. KDE 4 is even worse. The world would be better off if all the KDE developers were rounded up and shot. I'll take Windows Me over KDE. Just my opinion of course, but I really can't understand why people still use KDE.
      try an unpatched (ie not enhanced by ubuntu, novel or redhat) gnome. After 5 minutes you will scream in anguish and mkfs the partition.

Comment

I vote KDE.

Comment

Voted for KDE environment, too. Reason? Simple.. using it from the entire 3.5.x release as well as it was smoother for me to switch from Windows GUI to this one. On the other hand I don't have anything against GNOME personally, but it's not for me.

Comment

Neither here. I'll admit it's been quite a while since I tried either one, but enlightenment on dual monitors is perfect for me. Can't really say why - I just like it!

Comment

kde on my pet server, But i prefer gnome as I like my desktop environment working for me and not the other way around.

Comment

looks like Michael should start using kubuntu for his tests and not ubuntu. Or even better - Slackware...

Comment

Using KDE 4.2 on Kubuntu here, but still struggling with stability issues - mostly task bar crashing, deleting configuration, throwing wine icons out on the screen, notification popups only showing frame not content, frame stuck on top of desktop, menu editing is trash, many KDE4 apps lack functionality etc.

Lots of positives too so I'm not reverting to 3.5.10 though, I like the new Gwenview, Okular, DragonPlayer which all seem to work well. But it stlil has a way to go to shine, KDE 4.3 is looking to be the first I'd call really superior though.

Comment

hm, KDE 4.2 on gentoo was very good. I suspect that it is a kubuntu problem...

Comment

Originally posted by Kjella View Post
                      Using KDE 4.2 on Kubuntu here, but still struggling with stability issues - mostly task bar crashing, deleting configuration, throwing wine icons out on the screen, notification popups only showing frame not content, frame stuck on top of desktop, menu editing is trash, many KDE4 apps lack functionality etc.

Lots of positives too so I'm not reverting to 3.5.10 though, I like the new Gwenview, Okular, DragonPlayer which all seem to work well. But it stlil has a way to go to shine, KDE 4.3 is looking to be the first I'd call really superior though.
                      have you thought about using another kde 4 distro? i've never experienced any of those bugs with kde 4.2 on arch - and i do realize that arch isn't as easy to use as kubuntu, but something like fedora should work better for you - at least from my experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X