Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 7.1 Alpha Is Up For Testing

Phoronix: LibreOffice 7.1 Alpha Is Up For Testing

While LibreOffice 7.0 was just released back in August, LibreOffice 7.1 is now in alpha as the first step towards this next open-source office suite release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Those changes sound very promising.

Comment

In before uid says Microsoft Office is better, fun and stuff

Comment

Alpha testing of new text editor version... That must be really exciting 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by piorunz View Post
          Alpha testing of new text editor version... That must be really exciting 🤣
          Are you really confusing an office suite with a text editor?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            In before uid says Microsoft Office is better, fun and stuff
            Yeah, LibreOffice has shitty icons, terrible templates, it is very boring. Hopefully this new blurred shadows and physics-based animations makes LibreOffice more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Are you really confusing an office suite with a text editor?
              Of course not. I've been using it for years. I donated to their project. I just think it's very unexciting to test it or troubleshoot it! I tried once bleeding edge version, it mangled my spreadsheet I had to revert to older version very quickly. 😀😀

Comment

Please improve multithreading and Calc.

Please make PDF importing a lot better.

Please improve a lot wizards and such, also make easier to do stuff such as pamphlets etc.

Please make formulas a lot better, with a powerful but easy to use CAS engine.

Please make multilingual grammar and photography check better and built in, better than LanguageTool and others without need of have nor external dependencies. Everything ready to use.

Please improve usability beyond competition.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                  Please improve multithreading and Calc.

Please make PDF importing a lot better.

Please improve a lot wizards and such, also make easier to do stuff such as pamphlets etc.

Please make formulas a lot better, with a powerful but easy to use CAS engine.

Please make multilingual grammar and photography check better and built in, better than LanguageTool and others without need of have nor external dependencies. Everything ready to use.

Please improve usability beyond competition.
                  Please inform all of this directly to the LO folks, because they are not listening in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Yeah, LibreOffice has shitty icons, terrible templates, it is very boring. Hopefully this new blurred shadows and physics-based animations makes LibreOffice more fun.
                    Re: shitty icons; depends on the icon set.

I get that LO should implement such features to be compatible with Office, but what do blurred shadows bring? I personally hate them with a passion, and I despise people who export PDFs from Office documents containing them.

Comment

Working...
                    X