The Qt Company Details The Graphics Stack Changes With Qt 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

And BMW is Motor Works from Bavaria (or smth like that).
    Bayrische Motorenwerke = Bavarian Motor Works, so you were very close.

Volkswagen means more something like Car for the people

The name Audi was invented when the founder sold his first car company named after himself Horch. He could no longer use his name for the second one, but simply translated it into latin, as Horch is (outdated) imperative form of hören (to hear) and Audi was born.

Comment

A more ambitious example is Nikon, abbreviated from Nippon Kōgaku, i.e., "Japan Optical"

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
        A more ambitious example is Nikon, abbreviated from Nippon Kōgaku, i.e., "Japan Optical"
        And LG used to be short for Lucky-Goldstar. That's east asian naming sensibilities crossed with English for you.

Comment

I thought Qt 6 was supposed to have some special JavaScript to native compiler or something to make Qt Quick less of a drag? Did they decide it was too much work and forgot about it?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            Even Mozilla isn't The Firefox Company.
            Yeah I'm not convinced there, since Mozilla was the original project, not [s]Phoenix[/s] [s]Firebird[/s] Firefox.

(How does strikethrough work here?)
            Last edited by geearf; 27 October 2020, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Bayernische Motor Werks --- I think that I have that right. I am an expat working in Bayern and I drive a used BMW. (Bavaria is the "English" name for Bayern, or more correctly Freistaat Bayern.)

And this post has nothing to do with QT6. There is a gas station chain in the US called QT (Quik Trip), but there are more than 6 of them.
              GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar67 View Post

Bayrische Motorenwerke = Bavarian Motor Works, so you were very close.

Volkswagen means more something like Car for the people

The name Audi was invented when the founder sold his first car company named after himself Horch. He could no longer use his name for the second one, but simply translated it into latin, as Horch is (outdated) imperative form of hören (to hear) and Audi was born.
                Thanks for the correction on BMW.
                GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Gonna ignore them until they change the name. Qt Company sounds sooooooo retarded. Imagine Whirpool being called Washing Machine Company. Audi could be "Car Company". Exectrolux is the Fridge Company. WT flying F.
                  ... you know that the word "fridge" come from the company named Frigidaire which was bought by Electrolux, right ?

Even Mozilla isn't The Firefox Company.
                  Mozilla is literally the name of the software they were developing before Firefox

Comment

Gonna ignore them until they change the name. Qt Company sounds sooooooo retarded. Imagine Whirpool being called Washing Machine Company. Audi could be "Car Company". Exectrolux is the Fridge Company. WT flying F. Even Mozilla isn't The Firefox Company.
                    At least it isn't called The Toolkit Company?

Comment

Gonna ignore them until they change the name. Qt Company sounds sooooooo retarded. Imagine Whirpool being called Washing Machine Company. Audi could be "Car Company". Exectrolux is the Fridge Company. WT flying F. Even Mozilla isn't The Firefox Company.
                      I'm going to add this to my collection of posts I use as an example as to why I call this a forum full of schizophrenics when I describe this place to people.

And I really hate you all. I swear you make it a competition to see how stupid you can be, like it's a challenge to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X