KDE Seeing More Bug Fixes Following Plasma 5.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Or.... it's because it's usually user-error when this crap comes up.
    If you can't handle problems in a tech preview, don't use it. Forums are not a place for bug reporting.

Shoo troglodyte, shoo.
    So it's a tech preview and we shouldn't talk about bugs. What should we talk about then? The 2-3 use cases where it works?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      So it's a tech preview and we shouldn't talk about bugs. What should we talk about then? The 2-3 use cases where it works?
      You should talk about bugs, in a bug report. Not a hard concept to grasp.
      Comments sections are for opinions and discussions, not bringing up your one-off problem (which not everybody has) in an unstable release. It's one thing to say "I wouldn't recommend people use this branch because it's buggy" but you just went straight to pointing out a vague issue that isn't widely known while passive-aggressively nudging the developers to fix it. That's not helping your cause. Take notes from mykolak, who actually provided details and bug reports.

Comment

You should talk about bugs, in a bug report. Not a hard concept to grasp.
        Comments sections are for opinions and discussions, not bringing up your one-off problem (which not everybody has) in an unstable release. It's one thing to say "I wouldn't recommend people use this branch because it's buggy" but you just went straight to pointing out a vague issue that isn't widely known while passive-aggressively nudging the developers to fix it. That's not helping your cause. Take notes from mykolak, who actually provided details and bug reports.
        Read the thread, I have submitted bug reports.
        And discussing bugs is a thing because sometimes you can be shown what looks like a bug is caused by an arcane setting or something like that.

Also, if you must insist, my "passive-aggresivity" prompted ngraham to reopen the bug. I'll provide details over there if needed. Jeez.

Comment

Forums are not a place for bug reporting.
          ... which is why reported them on KDE's bug tracker. Read the thread before you post.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            ... which is why reported them on KDE's bug tracker. Read the thread before you post.
            Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Read the thread, I have submitted bug reports.
            How about you two re-read the thread, in order of oldest to newest?
            Nowhere in post #2 was a bug report mentioned.
            ngraham responded, asking to be more specific. Because y'know... no bug report was mentioned.
            When a bug report was posted, it was by someone else, who actually knows how to handle such situations.
            Note my response was to post #2. You two are then responding to that.
            Just because a stupid behavior was corrected by someone else, that doesn't change my point.

Wow you two are dense...
            And discussing bugs is a thing because sometimes you can be shown what looks like a bug is caused by an arcane setting or something like that.
            Of course it is, hence bug reports.
            Also, if you must insist, my "passive-aggresivity" prompted ngraham to reopen the bug. I'll provide details over there if needed. Jeez.
            How is "... but apparently that's not on a priority list" not passive-aggressive? Even the emoji you used is literally described as sarcastic. Sarcasm and passive-aggressiveness go hand in hand.
            Last edited by schmidtbag; 26 October 2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

schmidtbag Had you seen the problem with Application Menu, you wouldn't have been asking for the bug report. It's so in your face...
              But let's just stop, we're not contributing to the topic at all, ok?

Edit: I mean, do what you want to do, I''ll stop.
              Last edited by bug77; 27 October 2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X