Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
    yay for middle button paste.
    I'm quite surprised that wasn't feature #0, once support got to the application level.

Comment

That video was really well done! And the new KDE changes look great. Can't wait for it to land in Fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        Probably some unknown in Kde management want the end-users to murder....
        I think something got lost in translation.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

I think something got lost in translation.
          Patience.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            It looks terrible. So many buttons, toolbars, menus, its all so cluttered, it looks like a nightmare. It must be very daunting for new users,

To its defense, it is cool that it has Wayland support, and the list of KDE applications is really impressive!
            Depends on what type of "new users". Most of them will be coming from Windows, which is equally messy, so they'll feel right at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Depends on what type of "new users". Most of them will be coming from Windows, which is equally messy, so they'll feel right at home.
              No, Windows 10 is a really good operating system and it has a very easy to use user interface. It is very well liked and popular and used by hundred of millions of people. It has a great user experience.

Comment

It looks terrible. So many buttons, toolbars, menus, its all so cluttered, it looks like a nightmare. It must be very daunting for new users,
                I actually much prefer the KDE interface over that of 'less cluttered' DEs like Gnome. I like how KDE provides me with easy access to many settings, and is highly configurable as a whole.

Comment

It has a great user experience.
                  I really like this kind of humor - once in a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Cattus_D View Post

I actually much prefer the KDE interface over that of 'less cluttered' DEs like Gnome. I like how KDE provides me with easy access to many settings, and is highly configurable as a whole.
                    GNOME is very configurable despite being simple. You can use extensions to extend it the way you want, I use the shell extensions Dash-to-panel together with ArcMenu. Other settings can be configured using GNOME Tweaks or dconf Editor.

Comment

GNOME is very configurable despite being simple.
                      Yeah, it's so configurable you have to use extensions to change pretty much anything. You can't even configure how the wallpaper fill your screen (at least you couldn't last time I used Gnome).

You can use extensions to extend it the way you want
                      Except that most extensions no longer work with the latest version of Gnome because the devs won't provide a stable API. The few extensions that work often lacks polish and are plagued by minor but annoying issues.

Also, fun fact, you can't install Gnome extensions with Gnome's web browser Epiphany. You need a browser plugin to install Gnome extensions, but Epiphany no longer support plugins (source).

ArcMenu
                      The dev of that extension has thrown the towel, precisely because of the Gnome devs changing the API all the time (source).

Other settings can be configured using GNOME Tweaks or dconf Editor.
                      Yeah, all the useful settings are well hidden where it's very hard to find them. Good job Gnome!

If you enjoy the minimalistic paradigm of Gnome I get it. But don't tell me it's configurable. Gnome is the My Way Or The Highway desktop environment. I love KDE because it is so configurable and packed with features. I will never go back to Gnome.

Comment

Working...
                      X