KDE Plasma 5.21 To Bring Multi-GPU Support For Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
    Lots of nice little 5.20 improvements and the systemd startup integration in 5.21 may have me moving back to Tumbleweed from Fedora.
    No need, just pull down the latest. Either that or grab kwin-lowlatency from copr which also packages a newer plasma release.

Comment

Originally posted by qlum View Post

First let me state, I do not need 5 displays, I enjoy using them.
      As for the job, a bit of everything at a company that builds websites. From frontend to sysadmin to tech support. One scenario where I use all 5 is comparing 2 browser windows + debuggers + having a chat open at the same time, often with source code editor and file manager as well. Most people at the company, use 3 displays some 4 and I use 5.
      Using 5 allows for the luxury of having a lot of things side by side instead of messing around with split windows but I do agree going from 4 to 5 is mostly because I can and it benefits me a bit.
      Way cool...total immersion in problem solving. My work laptop can only support two external monitors (though a USB C docking station) and the small laptop screen itself. I would love to go to three or four full size monitors. The added benefit being that I could also hide behind them so people would not bother me while I am working.
      GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by f0rmat View Post

Way cool...total immersion in problem solving. My work laptop can only support two external monitors (though a USB C docking station) and the small laptop screen itself. I would love to go to three or four full size monitors. The added benefit being that I could also hide behind them so people would not bother me while I am working.
        Maybe take a look at Samsung Odysee G9?
        I plan to buy one and two G7

Comment

Originally posted by flower View Post

Maybe take a look at Samsung Odysee G9?
          I plan to buy one and two G7
          I would LOVE to. Alas, my work has "specific" rules on what I can use at work...contracts with companies and agencies, policies, procedures, and such. It is large and multinational. I would love one for the house, but that would require some long and "delicate" conversations, along with a whole lot of "getting other things done first" with my significant other. Maybe, I will get one first for her computer and then I can get one (or two) for mine.
          GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by qlum View Post

First let me state, I do not need 5 displays, I enjoy using them.
            As for the job, a bit of everything at a company that builds websites. From frontend to sysadmin to tech support.
            Nice. My company cheaped out and gave us two 1080p TN panels for web production stuff. At home I've gone 2160p because it's like having 4x 1080p without the cracks and hassle of trying to do multi-monitor stuff.

Comment

Plasma 5.21 also now has the capability for displaying notifications on unreliable network connections
              Considering 5.20 is not out yet, using "now" and "5.21" in the same sentence is a little creative :P

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Considering 5.20 is not out yet, using "now" and "5.21" in the same sentence is a little creative :P
                Lol. It is technically now if one has a full KDE build environment set up .

I agree, though, that that's a little liberal with the meaning of the word now.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Lol. It is technically now if one has a full KDE build environment set up .

I agree, though, that that's a little liberal with the meaning of the word now.
                  Following that train of thought, desktop Tiger Lake is an amazing CPU

Comment

I currently have 4 monitor setup (laptop + 3 external) but I would get a 6 external setup any day if I had the chance. It is not that you need them but things just keep piling up when you work. I could have untabbed terminals, postman and postman runner open at the same time, multiple intellij windows open instead of switching, thunderbird for mail, browser.. list never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Following that train of thought, desktop Tiger Lake is an amazing CPU
                      That's apples to oranges, unless you work for Intel

Comment

Working...
                      X