GIMP 2.10.22 Released With AVIF Image Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

Yes, I do need such a program, but GIMP is no longer a viable candidate for they have chosen to stay in the past, rather than move to the current. That is their right to limit their viability, and my right to go elsewhere. We are both winners. And we are both losers.
    They're very few guys with real lives besides GIMP and a long list of things they need to do, including maintenance for the current version. They're spread very thin and must prioritize.

I have used GIMP for free for a very long time and I am grateful to them for their efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

Yes, I do need such a program, but GIMP is no longer a viable candidate for they have chosen to stay in the past, rather than move to the current. That is their right to limit their viability, and my right to go elsewhere. We are both winners. And we are both losers.
      There is no alternative to gimp on Linux. When you say that you need such a program I am wondering what you are actually using if not gimp.

Comment

Originally posted by adlerhn View Post

and python 2
        l o l ..

Comment

Originally posted by bdcomp View Post
          Anyone know what happen to otto PPA?
          https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgu...ve/ubuntu/gimp
          He used to compile every version of GIMP and G'MIC for years, but now it looks like inactive PPA...
          You could use this instead:
          http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...-download-ppa/

Comment

Originally posted by sverris View Post
            Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by mbod View Post

There is no alternative to gimp on Linux. When you say that you need such a program I am wondering what you are actually using if not gimp.
              Krita

(And since most people probably do not even need more than Paint, KolourPaint)

Yes, they are KDE/Qt software.

Comment

And? What is your issue with the name.

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post

Krita

(And since most people probably do not even need more than Paint, KolourPaint)

Yes, they are KDE/Qt software.
                  Most people on Linux still require a minimum level of software quality, so no KDE sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

Most people on Linux still require a minimum level of software quality, so no KDE sorry.
                    I personally prefer a maximum level of software quality, so I love KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post

I personally prefer a maximum level of software quality, so I love KDE.
                      Being up to date with code porting effort (Krita ported away from Qt4 ages ago) would indeed indicate software quality.

Comment

Working...
                      X