X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie68
    replied
    Originally posted by xAlt7x View Post

Developers allowed that flag in Chromium for Linux but I can't make it work with Google Chrome (deb package).
    How to check:
    * Install h264ify
    * play some [youtube] video
    * open chrome://media-internals/
    When VAAPI works "kVideoDecoderName" returns "MojoVideoDecoder" (not "VpxVideoDecoder" or "FFmpegVideoDecoder")

Unfortunately we still need to patch/rebuild Chromium...
    I will check, however this option in the flags, it was not present in previous versions of Chrome, so maybe something is moving.
    In Chromium that option has always been present, at least on openSUSE where it is enabled by default.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by andreano View Post

Chrome is now an operating system.
    ChromeD®

Leave a comment:

• xAlt7x
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
    Michael Larabel Did you notice that hardware acceleration for videos appeared in the Chrome 86 flags?
    Developers allowed that flag in Chromium for Linux but I can't make it work with Google Chrome (deb package).
    How to check:
    * Install h264ify
    * play some [youtube] video
    * open chrome://media-internals/
    When VAAPI works "kVideoDecoderName" returns "MojoVideoDecoder" (not "VpxVideoDecoder" or "FFmpegVideoDecoder")

Unfortunately we still need to patch/rebuild Chromium...

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignacio Taranto View Post
    And precisely how is this related to "Linux Hardware Reviews, Open-Source Benchmarks & Linux Performance"?
    ... for that matter then you shouldn't talk about Nvidia, while there is an article a day and many other things.
    By the way, Chrome at the browser level is based on open source technologies, Chromium itself is an open source project.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignacio Taranto View Post
    And precisely how is this related to "Linux Hardware Reviews, Open-Source Benchmarks & Linux Performance"?
    The benchmarks are open source, the apps don't have to be. Also, the tagline doesn't say that those 3 things are the only things that are allowed/discussed on this site, it just says that the focus is on those 3 things, i.e. that's the majority of stuff you will find here, but not necessarily all.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68
    replied
    Michael Larabel Did you notice that hardware acceleration for videos appeared in the Chrome 86 flags?

Leave a comment:

• higgslagrangian
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Do you have uMatrix running while incognito? That causes a lot of grief for me.
    Btw, for those of you who don't already know, uMatrix is unmaintained. The extension was archived on githu https://github.com/gorhill/uMatrix

I still use it myself, but I do expect it to break in the medium-term. Such a pity.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Harri View Post
    Is it just me, or can't I access youtube in incognito mode anymore? If I click on NO THANKS in the login popup, then there is just another popup saying "consent.youtube.com refused to connect"
    Do you have uMatrix running while incognito? That causes a lot of grief for me.

Leave a comment:

• Harri
    replied
    Is it just me, or can't I access youtube in incognito mode anymore? If I click on NO THANKS in the login popup, then there is just another popup saying "consent.youtube.com refused to connect"

Leave a comment:

• Orphis
    replied
    Originally posted by V1tol View Post
    Hmm, more vulnerabilities and wider attack surface?
    Software codecs are continuously fuzzed, they're the least of my worries to be honest. Hardware ones are a lot harder to exploit on the other hand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X