Chrome 86 Released With Native File-System, WebCodecs APIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ignacio Taranto View Post
    And precisely how is this related to "Linux Hardware Reviews, Open-Source Benchmarks & Linux Performance"?
    ... for that matter then you shouldn't talk about Nvidia, while there is an article a day and many other things.
    By the way, Chrome at the browser level is based on open source technologies, Chromium itself is an open source project.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
      Michael Larabel Did you notice that hardware acceleration for videos appeared in the Chrome 86 flags?
      Developers allowed that flag in Chromium for Linux but I can't make it work with Google Chrome (deb package).
      How to check:
      * Install h264ify
      * play some [youtube] video
      * open chrome://media-internals/
      When VAAPI works "kVideoDecoderName" returns "MojoVideoDecoder" (not "VpxVideoDecoder" or "FFmpegVideoDecoder")

Unfortunately we still need to patch/rebuild Chromium...

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post

Chrome is now an operating system.
        ChromeD®

Comment

Originally posted by xAlt7x View Post

Developers allowed that flag in Chromium for Linux but I can't make it work with Google Chrome (deb package).
          How to check:
          * Install h264ify
          * play some [youtube] video
          * open chrome://media-internals/
          When VAAPI works "kVideoDecoderName" returns "MojoVideoDecoder" (not "VpxVideoDecoder" or "FFmpegVideoDecoder")

Unfortunately we still need to patch/rebuild Chromium...
          I will check, however this option in the flags, it was not present in previous versions of Chrome, so maybe something is moving.
          In Chromium that option has always been present, at least on openSUSE where it is enabled by default.

Comment

Working...
          X