X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

The QtWebSocket module is not included in 6.0
    Thanks for the info.

That's a real bummer. means rewriting existing code. or sticking with Qt 5 Any idea on what their reason is for not brining websockets over to 6.0. Is it a commercial option ?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
      Hrmm... so it's being released as open source? I'm sure all the FUD-posters from the last 6 months will apologize for being completely wrong.
      Don't worry about naysayers, I'm sure they'll come up with something in no time.

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post

Thanks for the info.

That's a real bummer. means rewriting existing code. or sticking with Qt 5 Any idea on what their reason is for not brining websockets over to 6.0. Is it a commercial option ?
      Websockets will probably be ported further down the road. It's too important a technology to be left out in the cold, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post

Thanks for the info.

The original idea that was discussed (not resourced for Qt 6.0, but I believe still an internal task) was to move the websockets functionality into QtNetwork. QtNetwork itself was refactored for Qt 6.0 and some things ended up being descoped, and websockets was one of those. The if/when for reintroduction likely will depend on customer requirements.

Since multimedia (an important part of many real world projects) will not be available until 6.1 (according to the issue tracker) 6.0 is likely to be more of a kick the tires, start your porting processes. Some teams are already doing the work to prepare, using Qt 5.15 as their testbed.
        Last edited by CommunityMember; 06 October 2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Hrmm... so it's being released as open source? I'm sure all the FUD-posters from the last 6 months will apologize for being completely wrong.
          I am sure the greedy Qt Company was one of those FUD-posters you referring to as they publicly announced to do what they wanted to do since 2000. Yes, would be nice if the greedy Qt Company would publicly apologize for threaten the community (that is the only reason Qt is still at least slightly relevant today) with their announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

I am sure the greedy Qt Company was one of those FUD-posters you referring to as they publicly announced to do what they wanted to do since 2000. Yes, would be nice if the greedy Qt Company would publicly apologize for threaten the community (that is the only reason Qt is still at least slightly relevant today) with their announcement.
            I'm not sure what's your role in all this. Are you trying to tell Qt how to run their business or are you just the savior of the oppressed Qt users?

Comment

Tell ya what, why don't you show us all how to be pure beings of energy from a higher plane of existence by giving away every last dollar you make and have in savings to say... the RUST developers since they act all politically correct and are going to lose their jobs as Mozilla implodes anyway. That includes selling all your possessions too, so I never want to see you posting here again unless you can provide cryptographic proof that it's not from any electronic device you own. Then you can lecture everybody about how "pure" and "noble" you are because you aren't greedy like that evil evil Qt company that has done more for the world and open source in literally one bug fix release in 2005 than you have in your entire life.

Comment

Being of pure light? Just spread your buttcheeks, Chuckula.
                Hi

Comment

Then you can lecture everybody about how "pure" and "noble" you are because you aren't greedy like that evil evil Qt company that has done more for the world and open source in literally one bug fix release in 2005 than you have in your entire life.
                  Qt fans always think in extremes. Other companies doing exceptionally well by providing prebuild binaries, support and consulting. They do not need to rely on re-licensed GPL code contributed by the community to a greedy proprietary license and threaten the community all few years just to make sure they know their place. That has nothing to do with being a divine being of light and energy but simple respect for the community that keeps your company alive. The Qt Company has no respect for its community, even Microsoft has more of that.

And Qt is not as important to the software world as you seem to think. People favour to package a web browser pretending to be a real application then to use Qt.

Comment

GTK fans like those... always think in extremes. Making up lies like "threaten the community all few years just to make sure they know their place" or "The Qt Company has no respect for its community, even Microsoft has more of that" and immediately coming and writing after every Qt or KDE news, showing they have no real job.

Comment

Qt fans always think in extremes.
                      As opposed to you that have posted so many times critical of GTK or appreciative of Qt, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X