KDE Begins Landing "Breeze Evolution" Refresh For Default Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
    I would appreciate it if they could find some of the memory leaks in kwin.

When I reboot my PC, kwin starts at about 80MB.
    After 5 days it has gone up to about 400MB.

1086 user 394.4M 445.9M 389.5M 0.0k kwin_x11 -session
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    pid owner smap-pss smap-rss private swap Name
    Can you post the bug report number you created so we can have a look at it?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

You could be a bit more helpful and use htop on that. That'll tell you which thread is leaking, making further investigations easier.

Comment

Originally posted by rtfazeberdee View Post

Can you post the bug report number you created so we can have a look at it?
        I have not created a bug report for this.

Comment

I really don't like it at all based on the fact there's nowhere near enough contrast. It's very hard to read and to make out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post

I have not created a bug report for this.
            you should really log a bug so the developers can check it out, reproduce it and fix it. they unfortunately cannot read minds

Comment

Originally posted by doomie View Post

i actually think that's incredibly ugly compared to what it is now
              Less "ugly" and more dated per se. I remember using KDE SC 4/Plasma Desktop with the Oxygen theme (which looks different than whats in the screenshot), and thinking it looked alright. Now, after using Plasma 5/Breeze, going back, it'd feel dated.

Comment

Originally posted by Baguy View Post

Hello so ...  My name? Nuno Pinheiro. Ocupation? Heee Designer Stuf. Location? Portugalio. Age? C'mon don't ask things like that...., but ap...

There's a oxygen reboot being worked on
                The screenshots certainly look neat and nice, and quite colorful, but I'm not really seeing how it's an oxygen reboot.

Comment

+1 Breeze doesn't look that great and this sentiment isn't new either. https://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2019/02/b...-plasma-5.html

Personally, I don't care what is the default so long as the old themes/ icons continue to be maintained and supported. Please developers and VDG group. don't break this.

I run semi-customized Oxygen icons with Plastik widgets on my KDE 5 desktop.

Granted, I personally really liked KDE 3.5 Crystal icons + Keramik widgets the best. Any good guides on making/ customizing themes? I once toyed with the idea of trying to make a KDE 4/5 Keramik set.

Sadly, with all the additional icons needed for KDE 4/5 meant it wasn't practical to use anymore so I had to change to Oxygen icons. I don't believe the Crystal project continued and trying to run all the Crystal with extra ones from another set looked even worse. I was never a fan of the "mac-like" widgets so switched to Plastik which was my 2nd favorite KDE 3 set as it was ported to KDE 4 relatively quickly (or maybe I waited until that existed before moving from KDE 3 ). Now with Breeze, KDE is looking too much like Win10.

Comment

Originally posted by BesiegedAce View Post

Less "ugly" and more dated per se. I remember using KDE SC 4/Plasma Desktop with the Oxygen theme (which looks different than whats in the screenshot), and thinking it looked alright. Now, after using Plasma 5/Breeze, going back, it'd feel dated.
                    I guess novelty or date just doesn't affect me that way. I like many classic cars, and haven't gotten bored of women. I never did like the XP-era themes, even when they were contemporary. I think a theme engine I used to use for Win98 was called "Windowshades"? Even then, the darker, cleaner, simpler the better for me. It's all subjective, is my point; to each their own. A bit dated indeed, though, as the sensibilities were sooo common in everything from 2k-ish. Reminds me of Winamp 3 beta and a lot of the website design and buttons from that era. But if it looks good, wear it

Comment

Working...
                    X