KDE Begins Landing "Breeze Evolution" Refresh For Default Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
    Just love the hidden menu bars and giant icons pinned to the task bar, so original. Oh wait, isn't that exactly how Windows 10 looks by default?
    People don't like that Gnome is too different

People don't like that KDE isn't different enough

Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
      Just love the hidden menu bars and giant icons pinned to the task bar, so original. Oh wait, isn't that exactly how Windows 10 looks by default?
      Any default configuration should value familiarity over originality. Ever heard of the principle of least astonishment?

Comment

Meanwhile Dolphin and the file browsing component still has an unfixed critical memory leak bug when a process is watching files for changes.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
          I wish they would use a new widget theme engine that uses svgs for theming, like kvantum for instance. Most other elements of plasma are styled this way (with qml). Would make tweaking the theme way easier and gives way more user control over it. It actually wouldn't be that hard giving a particular kvantum theme a GUI for editing its color scheme and some other elements, since svgs are just plain text files.
          We are investigating this for Plasma 6, in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed.delanight View Post
            Meanwhile Dolphin and the file browsing component still has an unfixed critical memory leak bug when a process is watching files for changes.
            I saw you posting about this previously. Have you made any progress diagnosing the issue or does upstream need to be involved?

Do you have a link to the upstream bug-report with steps to reproduce?

EDIT: The only thing I could find in the KDE bugzilla instance was #398908 (notice comment #56 which might have fixed some of it)?
            Last edited by ermo; 03 October 2020, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed.delanight View Post
              Can you post the bug report number you created so we can have a look at it? It may have been fixed but not released

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Could you investigate moving all KDE configuration files into $HOME/.config/kde instead of making a mess in $HOME/.config ?

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Sweet! Would be awesome!

Comment

I would appreciate it if they could find some of the memory leaks in kwin.

When I reboot my PC, kwin starts at about 80MB.
                    After 5 days it has gone up to about 400MB.

1086 user 394.4M 445.9M 389.5M 0.0k kwin_x11 -session
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    pid owner smap-pss smap-rss private swap Name

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Could you investigate moving all KDE configuration files into $HOME/.config/kde instead of making a mess in $HOME/.config ?
                      I second that. Please, Nate, do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X