Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Begins Landing "Breeze Evolution" Refresh For Default Theme

Phoronix: KDE Begins Landing "Breeze Evolution" Refresh For Default Theme

KDE developers for more than one year have been working to evolve the default Breeze theme and the work by the KDE Visual Design Group is finally paying off with the initial "Breeze Evolution" changes landing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

not a fan of how large the icons in dolphin are... but over all it seems pretty nice for a light theme!

Comment

It would also be nice to have a Breeze Darker theme when only the titlebar and the top part of the window are dark, just like in some GTK themes.

Comment

I wish they would use a new widget theme engine that uses svgs for theming, like kvantum for instance. Most other elements of plasma are styled this way (with qml). Would make tweaking the theme way easier and gives way more user control over it. It actually wouldn't be that hard giving a particular kvantum theme a GUI for editing its color scheme and some other elements, since svgs are just plain text files.

Comment

Just love the hidden menu bars and giant icons pinned to the task bar, so original. Oh wait, isn't that exactly how Windows 10 looks by default?

Comment

WOOo0o0o, wacom inputs! i will actually use this! <3

oh and uhh.. <insert random subjective KDE hate> :3

still best DE.

Comment

The first thing to do after installing KDE in your distro is to install and enable the Oxygen Icon Theme (or even Crystal Remix) and widget style.

The default icon set and style are absolute unmitigated grey low-contrast indidstinguishable crap no one should be ever subjected to. The UI must be instantly recognizeable, and easy to read. KDE "designers" decided to copy the Windows 10 design and in the process made KDE a thousand times worse.

This was so beautiful:

Last edited by birdie; 03 October 2020, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                The first thing to do after installing KDE in your distro is to install and enable the Oxygen Icon Theme (or even Crystal Remix) and widget style.

The default icon set and style are absolute unmitigated grey low-contrast indidstinguishable crap no one should be ever subjected to. The UI must be instantly recognizeable, and easy to read. KDE "designers" decided to copy the Windows 10 design and in the process made KDE a thousand times worse.

This was so beautiful:

i actually think that's incredibly ugly compared to what it is now

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
                  It would also be nice to have a Breeze Darker theme when only the titlebar and the top part of the window are dark, just like in some GTK themes.
                  You can do that with custom color settings.

Comment

Originally posted by doomie View Post

i actually think that's incredibly ugly compared to what it is now
                    I agree with birdie that Breeze doesn't have the best contrast and stuff, but I agree with you that Oxygen is pretty fugly.

Comment

Working...
                    X