X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by HarlemSquirrel View Post

This is precisely what Mozilla is fighting against.
    And they have yet to make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by aphysically View Post
    Those benchmarks aren't everything though, and it looks like speedometer improves slightly
    It also means there's now more room for web developers to produce slower web sites. Every optimization means the web site can perform slower.

Leave a comment:

• treba
    replied
    This sounds great, for Firefox and (IIUC) for all spidermonkey users i.e. the Gnome desktop.

Leave a comment:

• mdedetrich
    replied
    Too little, too late.

Have already switched to Brave which cherry picks the best features from both browsers (performance/ecosystem of chromium and privacy features from Firefox).

Leave a comment:

• ozeszty
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Plus, unlike extensions that can be disabled and enabled from the toolbar, the built-in ones require me to go into the settings menu and disable them there...just an extra layer of annoyance.

I'm still a Firefox user, but damn are they trying my patience.
    Good news, there's a toggle in shield icon's menu, next to address field. It adds/removes current website to/from exceptions list and reloads, unless you use it in private window - then it just temporarily disables/enables protection for that website.

Nothing fancy, like uBlock Origin advanced mode or even regular mode, but it does what you need.
    Last edited by ozeszty; 26 September 2020, 05:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HarlemSquirrel
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironmask View Post

It's the internet. Any semblance of privacy goes down the drain the second you connect to a website.
    This is precisely what Mozilla is fighting against.

Leave a comment:

• Girolamo_Cavazzoni
    replied
    Originally posted by muncrief View Post
    By the way, the new "Daylight" Android Firefox is an absolute disaster.
    You say it's a disaster but you don't elaborate the Why. I've been using this disaster now for many months and haven't looked back to the classic Firefox / Fennec. It's way faster on my aging SD801 and brings the most important addons with it.

Granted, Vivaldi on Android is a great browser and I like what they're doing - but it's still closed source.

Leave a comment:

• Ironmask
    replied
    Originally posted by higgslagrangian View Post

Enjoy your binary blob I guess. Any semblance of privacy goes down the drain.
    It's the internet. Any semblance of privacy goes down the drain the second you connect to a website.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by muncrief View Post
    Whenever a new Firefox browser is released I give it a try, but for a few years now it just doesn't work on some websites. The primary problems are with forums, and there just doesn't seem to be anyway to get around the issues. Of course I first try configuring Firefox the same way as Chrome, primarily with UBlock and HTML5 Autoplay Blocker. And then I try it with all blockers, including the built-in ones, disabled. But no matter what I do it just doesn't work.

Of course I've also tried Chromium, but it doesn't work with some streaming sites, even with protected content enabled.

So I always end up having to use Chrome as my default browser. And I really wish that weren't the case.

By the way, the new "Daylight" Android Firefox is an absolute disaster. And Android Chrome always has been as well. So I ended up having to download an APK for the last Fennec Firefox, as it's the only Android browser that works with extensions, allows a custom home page, regular bookmarks, etc.
    Yeah. I really dislike all the built-in blockers and privacy crap Firefox includes these days. And I mean crap because those break more websites than anything else in my experience. Plus, unlike extensions that can be disabled and enabled from the toolbar, the built-in ones require me to go into the settings menu and disable them there...just an extra layer of annoyance.

I'm still a Firefox user, but damn are they trying my patience.

Leave a comment:

• muncrief
    replied
    Whenever a new Firefox browser is released I give it a try, but for a few years now it just doesn't work on some websites. The primary problems are with forums, and there just doesn't seem to be any way to get around the issues. Of course I first try configuring Firefox the same way as Chrome, primarily with UBlock and HTML5 Autoplay Blocker. And then I try it with all blockers, including the built-in ones, disabled. But no matter what I do it just doesn't work.

Of course I've also tried Chromium, but it doesn't work with some streaming sites, even with protected content enabled.

So I always end up having to use Chrome as my default browser. And I really wish that weren't the case.

By the way, the new "Daylight" Android Firefox is an absolute disaster. And Android Chrome always has been as well. So I ended up having to download an APK for the last Fennec Firefox, as it's the only Android browser that works with extensions, allows a custom home page, regular bookmarks, etc.
    Last edited by muncrief; 25 September 2020, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X