X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by billyswong View Post

First I heard they lost non-"recommended" extension support, thus I delayed the update.
    Then I heard they even deleted the tab reorder function, then I will never "update" the Firefox for Android until it is fixed.
    I also heard it don't even retain my browsing session/password/tab opened, so I really don't know if I will ever "update" it anyway.
    I prefer my desktop and only use my phone when absolutely necessary so I don't have any extensions on my phone and I don't think that I have even used the tab reorder function. I mainly use it because it syncs passwords with my desktop Firefox since I use randomly generated passwords and crap like "af58d29dfh04DkeAEC" is hard to remember. The small handful of sites that I need to use on the go work just fine with vanilla Firefox so I'm happy enough with it.

But I can see how things like that could really piss you off if you rely on Android.

The Android 4 to 4.4 era is when I quit relying on Android for anything more than basic communications and music. I realized that nothing is guaranteed to work after 6 months and that they'll add and remove stuff at a whim which leads to a less-than-stellar experience. Google changes Android 98 API, apps like Firefox update in a manner that pulls years old features from Android 95 and earlier. Google sucking at LTS with anything at all that's public-facing shouldn't be a real shocker to anyone. Their record speaks for itself.

Leave a comment:

• down1
    replied
    Originally posted by aphysically View Post
    Yeah the vaapi-on-x11 shipped in FF 80, but with a bug that made it inoperable. Gentoo (and probably some other dists) backported the fix to the FF 80 branch though. Unfortunately the DMA-BUF requirement in Firefox means we won't be using vaapi with nvidia proprietary drivers any time soon. I just wish I didn't use GPGPU for work.
    Does 81 fix the VAPPI stuff?

Leave a comment:

• ezst036
    replied
    Michael

How is FreeBSD looking for VAAPI on Firefox 80 +, either FreeBSD-Wayland or FreeBSD-X11?

Leave a comment:

• c2p_
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I don't mind it. However, I did not like the update a couple of weeks ago that put the address bar on the bottom. My first 30 seconds of use was all "WTF happened to muh browser?!?!" and then I opened the settings menu and fixed it.
    They're constantly asking for UI/UX feedback on Twitter and Github.

Leave a comment:

• loganj
    replied
    billyswong they remove everything that made firefox special.
    they also remove about:config (in case you need it)

Leave a comment:

• billyswong
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I don't mind it. However, I did not like the update a couple of weeks ago that put the address bar on the bottom. My first 30 seconds of use was all "WTF happened to muh browser?!?!" and then I opened the settings menu and fixed it.
    First I heard they lost non-"recommended" extension support, thus I delayed the update.
    Then I heard they even deleted the tab reorder function, then I will never "update" the Firefox for Android until it is fixed.
    I also heard it don't even retain my browsing session/password/tab opened, so I really don't know if I will ever "update" it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• kokoko3k
    replied
    Originally posted by aphysically View Post
    Yeah the vaapi-on-x11 shipped in FF 80, but with a bug that made it inoperable. Gentoo (and probably some other dists) backported the fix to the FF 80 branch though. Unfortunately the DMA-BUF requirement in Firefox means we won't be using vaapi with nvidia proprietary drivers any time soon. I just wish I didn't use GPGPU for work.
    i switched to prime render offload and forgot about nvidia if it is not for gaming.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by loganj View Post
    meanwhie the android version looks like a cheap copy of a standard browser that comes with any phone (not chrome)

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Because screenshots of themes are hard

Leave a comment:

• loganj
    replied
    meanwhie the android version looks like a cheap copy of a standard browser that comes with any phone (not chrome)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X