X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onuca_V
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I don't mind it. However, I did not like the update a couple of weeks ago that put the address bar on the bottom. My first 30 seconds of use was all "WTF happened to muh browser?!?!" and then I opened the settings menu and fixed it.
    In my case a little wizard guided me to configure the new Firefox (it was not a fresh installation, it was an update). I remember the wizard did ask if I wanted my address bar as I used to or if I wanted to use the new suggested mode. I decided to give it a go and... still getting used to it.

Leave a comment:

• sverris
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

At last for me it does. Video playback while using the acceleration is very stable. I'm using a AMD card.
    And performance-wise (CPU/GPU-load)? F.i. if you run a YT-video in FF, in comparison to the same video in VLC?

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by GruenSein View Post

Never had a single problem with it. At least for most scientific journal publications, it is working fine for me.
    While I personally also never have a problem with it, keep in mind that (AFAIK) only the basics of PDF were made opensource. The more feature rich stuff is still proprietary and is not uncommon that documents made, for example, in Adobe Acrobat, can have problems on opensource PDF readers.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by GruenSein View Post
    Never had a single problem with it. At least for most scientific journal publications, it is working fine for me.
    i have to switch to chromium on like every second pdf. firefox even helpfully says at the top of the page that it couldn't render it correctly

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by ix900 View Post

I changed it to top at first as well but later tried it at the bottom and after getting used to it (which doesn't take long) it seems to be better and don't like it at the top anymore. So maybe you should give it a go instead of being set in your ways.
    I exaggerated the 30 seconds part. I gave it and honest shot, but I found it difficult with it being right next to the auto-correct bar on SwiftKey. Something about all of it all clustered in one place triggers my dyslexia making the URL, predictions, and randoms letters swap with each other, but this is still a 50/50 accessibility and user preference for me. I prefer it at the top because that's also where it is on Windows and Linux. Unity in design across platforms leads to a better user experience.
    Last edited by skeevy420; 22 September 2020, 11:54 AM. Reason: I have a tendency to repeat the same phrase when writing...

Leave a comment:

• GruenSein
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    pdf support is sore point of firefox. and i don't mean forms, i mean basic rendering is broken. probably all resources are spent on rust rewrites

Leave a comment:

• ix900
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I don't mind it. However, I did not like the update a couple of weeks ago that put the address bar on the bottom. My first 30 seconds of use was all "WTF happened to muh browser?!?!" and then I opened the settings menu and fixed it.
    I changed it to top at first as well but later tried it at the bottom and after getting used to it (which doesn't take long) it seems to be better and don't like it at the top anymore. So maybe you should give it a go instead of being set in your ways.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    pdf support is sore point of firefox. and i don't mean forms, i mean basic rendering is broken. probably all resources are spent on rust rewrites

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by down1 View Post

Does 81 fix the VAPPI stuff?
    At last for me it does. Video playback while using the acceleration is very stable. I'm using a AMD card.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by c2p_ View Post

They're constantly asking for UI/UX feedback on Twitter and Github.
    I'm perfectly happy with it after changing that setting. I'm not one to complain that much when I don't agree with a default settings choice. If I can change the default to something that I like then I'm fine. That's anything, not just Firefox.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X