X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arQon
    replied
    Originally posted by arQon View Post

Doesn't mean they give even the tiniest of squirrels about what that feedback actually is though. You might as well shout it into the Grand Canyon: you'd have as much chance of them acting on it.
    edit> To be clear, FF is still the only browser I use. But every year they make it harder and harder to actually LIKE it on any merit other than philosophical ones, and sometimes not even that.

Leave a comment:

• arQon
    replied
    Originally posted by c2p_ View Post
    They're constantly asking for UI/UX feedback on Twitter and Github.
    Doesn't mean they give even the tiniest of squirrels about what that feedback actually is though. You might as well shout it into the Grand Canyon: you'd have as much chance of them acting on it.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    The new Alpenglow theme is not so pretty. But there is a third-party Microsoft Edge theme for Firefox that looks amazing.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by frank007
    I've been waiting for Nvidia support for video acceleration. I know ffmpeg can handle Nvidia GPUs very well. Or can I use some kind of vaapi-to-Nvidia converter?
    This is probably the best thing available right now. https://github.com/xtknight/vdpau-va-driver-vp9

Leave a comment:

• LightBit
    replied
    Originally posted by loganj View Post
    meanwhie the android version looks like a cheap copy of a standard browser that comes with any phone (not chrome)
    Firefox is my favorite browser on Android (LineageOS). I definitely prefer it over Chrome. Standard browsers usually look like Chrome with different icon to me.

Leave a comment:

• pranav
    replied
    Originally posted by cynical View Post

It makes sense on a phone if you are operating it with one hand. Otherwise your thumb would be unable to reach the address bar.
    Yes.
    Giving an option to put the address bar down makes more sense and helpfully since its very annoying to reach address bar at the top with single hand use case. Most of the time, users in mobile prefer "Single hand" to do things unless they have to type.

Leave a comment:

• cynical
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420
    I don't mind it. However, I did not like the update a couple of weeks ago that put the address bar on the bottom. My first 30 seconds of use was all "WTF happened to muh browser?!?!" and then I opened the settings menu and fixed it.
    It makes sense on a phone if you are operating it with one hand. Otherwise your thumb would be unable to reach the address bar.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by higgslagrangian View Post

Curious... could you share a sample pdf that is broken on firefox? Cheers.
    It's damn slow with very complex documents like some maps with huge amount of detail.

Leave a comment:

• higgslagrangian
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    i have to switch to chromium on like every second pdf. firefox even helpfully says at the top of the page that it couldn't render it correctly
    Curious... could you share a sample pdf that is broken on firefox? Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by sverris View Post

And performance-wise (CPU/GPU-load)? F.i. if you run a YT-video in FF, in comparison to the same video in VLC?
    I'd never being able to run YT videos above 720p on VLC, so never bothered with CPU utilization. The FF utilization on 1080p/60fps videos, with hw accel is around 10% on a quad core i7 3770k (stock speed). Same video on that CPU without accel is around 20/30%.

Obviously, a weaker CPU will benefit the most. Some CPUs that stutter on 1080p/60 videos may now play them smoothly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X