Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 81 Released With Security Fixes, PDF Viewer Enhancements

Phoronix: Firefox 81 Released With Security Fixes, PDF Viewer Enhancements

Firefox 81 is out this morning as the newest monthly update to the Mozilla web browser...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ox-81-Released

Yeah the vaapi-on-x11 shipped in FF 80, but with a bug that made it inoperable. Gentoo (and probably some other dists) backported the fix to the FF 80 branch though. Unfortunately the DMA-BUF requirement in Firefox means we won't be using vaapi with nvidia proprietary drivers any time soon. I just wish I didn't use GPGPU for work.

Comment

meanwhie the android version looks like a cheap copy of a standard browser that comes with any phone (not chrome)

Comment

Because screenshots of themes are hard

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
          meanwhie the android version looks like a cheap copy of a standard browser that comes with any phone (not chrome)
          I don't mind it. However, I did not like the update a couple of weeks ago that put the address bar on the bottom. My first 30 seconds of use was all "WTF happened to muh browser?!?!" and then I opened the settings menu and fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by aphysically View Post
            Yeah the vaapi-on-x11 shipped in FF 80, but with a bug that made it inoperable. Gentoo (and probably some other dists) backported the fix to the FF 80 branch though. Unfortunately the DMA-BUF requirement in Firefox means we won't be using vaapi with nvidia proprietary drivers any time soon. I just wish I didn't use GPGPU for work.
            i switched to prime render offload and forgot about nvidia if it is not for gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I don't mind it. However, I did not like the update a couple of weeks ago that put the address bar on the bottom. My first 30 seconds of use was all "WTF happened to muh browser?!?!" and then I opened the settings menu and fixed it.
              First I heard they lost non-"recommended" extension support, thus I delayed the update.
              Then I heard they even deleted the tab reorder function, then I will never "update" the Firefox for Android until it is fixed.
              I also heard it don't even retain my browsing session/password/tab opened, so I really don't know if I will ever "update" it anyway.

Comment

billyswong they remove everything that made firefox special.
                they also remove about:config (in case you need it)

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

They're constantly asking for UI/UX feedback on Twitter and Github.

Comment

Michael

How is FreeBSD looking for VAAPI on Firefox 80 +, either FreeBSD-Wayland or FreeBSD-X11?

Comment

Working...
                    X