Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 4.4 Beta Released With Multi-Threading For Fill Layers

Phoronix: Krita 4.4 Beta Released With Multi-Threading For Fill Layers

The beta of the forthcoming Krita 4.4 is now available, which continues on as easily the leading open-source digital painting programs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GIMP, and now Krita, we are running out of single-threaded workloads.

Comment

Absolutely love Krita. For all those who find GIMP to be "unintuitive" (meaning you just happened to learn Adobe PS first), you should definitely give Krita a try!
      (Full disclosure: I'm also a donor to the project)

Comment

Originally posted by unis_torvalds View Post
        Absolutely love Krita. For all those who find GIMP to be "unintuitive" (meaning you just happened to learn Adobe PS first), you should definitely give Krita a try!
        (Full disclosure: I'm also a donor to the project)
        I never used Adobe PS, but I found Gimp to be unintuitive. Krita felt far easier to me. It still isn't super easy, but then I don't get a lot of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Palu Macil View Post
          I never used Adobe PS, but I found Gimp to be unintuitive. Krita felt far easier to me. It still isn't super easy, but then I don't get a lot of practice.
          It's all about familiarity. I grew up using Jasc PaintShop Pro 5 (came on a cover CD!) and migrated to 7 and then 9 when they proved to be highly similar in terms of UI but have more functions. I bought PaintShop Pro X8 when it came out as I got a special offer on it... horrible experience. Trying to do anything was slow, unintuitive (a word that seems to get misused a lot by people - UI/UX designers - who think everyone thinks like they do) and the interface looked, felt, and handled terribly. The one time I used Photoshop I had no idea where anything was.

Given that GIMP and Inkscape were multiplatform, and basically handled the same on Windows and Linux, I made a concerted effort to learn them. Now (for the most part) they feel familiar and I'm comfortable using them. When I started a new job and everything was expected to be done in Photoshop/Illustrator, I said I would learn them if [then] boss bought copies for me. He demurred, so I kept using Inkscape/GIMP. I'm definitely no pro, but can at least put together stuff which looks reasonable. Krita definitely does better with a graphics tablet, which is the only time I use it, so I'm far less familiar with it.

Comment

Working...
          X