Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 4.4 Beta Released With Multi-Threading For Fill Layers

Phoronix: Krita 4.4 Beta Released With Multi-Threading For Fill Layers

The beta of the forthcoming Krita 4.4 is now available, which continues on as easily the leading open-source digital painting programs...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Beta-Released

GIMP, and now Krita, we are running out of single-threaded workloads.

Comment

Absolutely love Krita. For all those who find GIMP to be "unintuitive" (meaning you just happened to learn Adobe PS first), you should definitely give Krita a try!
      (Full disclosure: I'm also a donor to the project)

Comment

Originally posted by unis_torvalds View Post
        Absolutely love Krita. For all those who find GIMP to be "unintuitive" (meaning you just happened to learn Adobe PS first), you should definitely give Krita a try!
        (Full disclosure: I'm also a donor to the project)
        I never used Adobe PS, but I found Gimp to be unintuitive. Krita felt far easier to me. It still isn't super easy, but then I don't get a lot of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Palu Macil View Post
          I never used Adobe PS, but I found Gimp to be unintuitive. Krita felt far easier to me. It still isn't super easy, but then I don't get a lot of practice.
          It's all about familiarity. I grew up using Jasc PaintShop Pro 5 (came on a cover CD!) and migrated to 7 and then 9 when they proved to be highly similar in terms of UI but have more functions. I bought PaintShop Pro X8 when it came out as I got a special offer on it... horrible experience. Trying to do anything was slow, unintuitive (a word that seems to get misused a lot by people - UI/UX designers - who think everyone thinks like they do) and the interface looked, felt, and handled terribly. The one time I used Photoshop I had no idea where anything was.

Given that GIMP and Inkscape were multiplatform, and basically handled the same on Windows and Linux, I made a concerted effort to learn them. Now (for the most part) they feel familiar and I'm comfortable using them. When I started a new job and everything was expected to be done in Photoshop/Illustrator, I said I would learn them if [then] boss bought copies for me. He demurred, so I kept using Inkscape/GIMP. I'm definitely no pro, but can at least put together stuff which looks reasonable. Krita definitely does better with a graphics tablet, which is the only time I use it, so I'm far less familiar with it.

Comment

Working...
          X